Quantcast
Need honest feedback before sending this out (House/Trance) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need honest feedback before sending this out (House/Trance)
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Need honest feedback before sending this out (House/Trance)

I've done this track back in late 2010, and I've basically completely re-done it now. Well, I'm not done yet, but the part you hear is what I've re-built so far.

There's this vocal sample in there that I've got, which needs to be cleared now. Also, this was a wet a cappella and since I've cut different words to form my own sentences, it got mixed up as there's echo effects from words in there that I've cut out.

So I've re-done the track with my current skills to have the best result possible at the moment. I've talked to the guy who has written the original lyrics, and I want to send this to the label who owns them at this point. I was hoping to get a dry a cappella.

Have a listen yourself:

Personally I find it more or less perfect. Everything is the way I wanted it to be. But you guys will most likely hear something I didn't. Also tell me if you're listening on a good system or not, I want it to sound good everywhere.

Thanks!!!
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I do like it. But I think you might be able to make your synths more interesting, especially at the beginning. If you want it to sound like a commercially successful Trance track (and maybe that's not the sound you're going for), you need to drench that sucker in reverb and maybe include an interesting delay. I think the vocals sound good though, and I like that bassy synth that comes in about 70% of the way through. By adding a few more interesting elements (maybe some sort of glitchy percussion? more chopping/pitching stuff on the vocals?), you could make this pro quality. Nice work though.
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Thanks man

The beginning is "empty" in fact. I've started working on the part that comes before and there's a big sweep at the end of it, which partly fades into the beginning of this break, so the filtered synth in the beginning kind of pops out of the "remains" of that white noise.

And of course I do want it to be commercially successful! Which bassy synth do you mean BTW?

I agree on the percussions. In the version I made in 2010 I had some kind of Hi Hat with a glide on top of it, I need to see how I've done that as I'm really missing it here. I'll see what else I could do percussion-wise.

Thanks for the feedback!!
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It's close.... I'm with grindonthemind. It needs a little more ambiance (ie probably reverb), though not necessarily from every track, and only subtle. Especially at the start. I think during the fat part it has to somehow "jump" a bit more... I wonder if the synth could have more mid to fatten out the body. Sounding good though.
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Alright, I have an idea what to do with the synth now, I have a great compressor which also adds ambience somehow and which will fatten up the track at the same time, should be good
When you said jump, do you mean like ducking? So that it sounds as if it was pumping? I could add more of that of course too.

And thanks for your feedback, very appreciated!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…