Quantcast
Breaks are fun! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Breaks are fun!
Old 29th January 2013
Breaks are fun!

Was just messing around with some breaks, started with the pads, the rest just wrote itself. Rough mix all itb, done in Ableton, all samples.

Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Sounds good. Sounds a little too clean though. My breaks need to be dirty. I like to record my breaks to cassette tape:

Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Ai ➑️
My breaks need to be dirty.

Yeah I like dirty breaks too, but tend to stay with clean sounds generally. I just hadn't made a breaks tune in years and forgot how groovy it can be.

Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
very nice.
enjoyed it as usual

perhaps an acid line in the 3rd part.? acid always sounds nice with breaks, to me at least.

do you have the wave-alchemy PRO1 kontakt instrument? bass reminded me of a pro1.. i could probably hook you up if you want it.
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden beers ➑️
very nice.
enjoyed it as usual

Thanks Golden Beer!

Nah no acid for me, I overdosed in the 90's

Yeah remember seeing the PRO1 when it came out, looked nifty. Alas I never got on the Kontact buzz, so kinda miss out on some stuff like that. In all honesty I got too much software/hardware as it is, need to learn and use what I have!

Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wow this is nice Sounds clean and lots of space in there, the tracks really breathes.

Personally the only thing I'd change is the kick, I mean I know it does fit with this kind of Old skool stuff but I'd get a non-distorted, solid kick with some thump and make sure it's mono, not to have it all over the place Keep it up man, can't wait to hear more.
Old 31st January 2013
Thanks man, yeah its just a rough mix, 2 hours from start to finish, no eq anywhere yet...

Distorted? I'm not hearing that, but I will look at the kick and snare, both need eq. I'll probably put a sub below it on some hits to give it more umph.

Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Well this is a typical overdriven kick And no worries.
Old 31st January 2013 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat ➑️
no worries.
Yeah maybe it is too saturated, as I said rough mix hadn't paid attention to it. Cheers though I think your right the more I listen to it.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…