The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
90's House Shalamar Remix
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
90's House Shalamar Remix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzwald on Soundcloud
Oi, definitely turn up your speakers for this, and I can't garuntee anybody not using monitors/Hi Fi Headphones that this mix is going to change your life. Sounds good on AKG Q701's through an O2 amp and Focusrite Scarlett DAC, as well as KRK Rokits, but yeah. The mix is intentionally left, perhaps, a tad less polished for effect. Done in Ableton, samples Shalamar's "I Can Make You Feel Good", I did this during the Christmas of 2012 with nothing but my laptop. I had left all my gear back home and was chilling at my good 'ole moms house, and decided to make a string of 90's inspired singles. You know, the dirty, unpolished kind of poorly mixed house jams that were done by nappy headed Djs in their chicago basements. This is actually the 2nd one. It has a very distorted sound to it, and could sound harsh to most, so sorry; although, that is kind of the charm to the song IMO. Similarly, the arrangement gets more minimal as it progresses in a sense, although it isn't a minimal work. I thought that fit the feel of the song, which to me is about apathy, or perhaps the things we do to try to "solve" our apathetic natures. Pretentious ****, you know :P. Done in Ableton, the bass is a minimoog reese sample I did,the piano is Korgs famous Piano preset off the M1, and the other lead is also a random patch heavily processed off the M1. I also used a glitched (with dblue), filtered (S&H),and gated (to the delay feedback of the clap signal) Lounge Lizzard electric piano patch. All of it is super sidechained, compressed etc. The snap is a sample from an LM1,and the kick is a combo of a 909, 808, and another sample I got from a youtuber whose name escapes me. Amen break in full effect because I had some jungle tunes on my ipod, but you knew that. Also threw a sample from episode 26 of cowboy bebop in there, see if you can find it. :] Anyway, hope it's enjoyable.
📝 Reply