Quantcast
bash my sub, reverbs and depth - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
bash my sub, reverbs and depth
Old 22nd January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
bash my sub, reverbs and depth

hey guys, my first time posting here - i've actually been reading here and there in the forums, since, like all of us, i'm not satisfied with my mix and always looking for more knowledge.
i've been wondering on whether im missing a technical side, or an emotional and perceptive side (probably a bit of both).
I guessed the best way was for you guys to listen to what I have, and let me know what you think.
Basically the things that i think im not getting a hold of are a balanced and complimentary reverb use (on different synths AND drums), and steady, not too punchy not too spread, sub bass (oh that ****in sub bass is killing me)

The sub - i never, ever in my life got it right. It's always either too loud, too low, too distorted, too plain, not steady enough, too steady....

OK, i can keep on talking about these stuff but i'd rather have you guys listened to my **** and let me know if you hear anything thats obviously wrong. I'm aiming for a kind of a dirty yet powerful and relatable sound. I come from making hiphop beats, to incoorporating electronics in those beats, to full fledged electronic "trappy" sound.
And yes im very influenced by Lunice, Eprom, Hudmo, Baauer (not the too techy stuff). I love the sounds of these fellas since they are very relatable yet so very refreshing, super hard hitting yet very clear. The sub is always on point, the reverbs are used very wisely and accurately.

Ok cut that, here are my beats, i feel like they dont sound bad but they dont sound accurate enough, maybe its the arrangement? And i feel like in a club they'll sound pretty small compared to other beats:

"clackin clams" - probably my favorite one
juicy mac - something is not working for me with the sub,
all lemon - just a quickie i made and thought id get your opinions - i was aiming for a large wide image in those synths but i feel like thyre still small and not too much dynamic.

they're not totally finished, just the first ideas
Attached Files

clackin clams2.mp3 (5.80 MB, 74 views)

juicy mac2.mp3 (5.10 MB, 133 views)

all lemon everything.mp3 (5.79 MB, 87 views)

Old 23rd January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
listen guys i know there plenty of people here askin for this kinda **** etc etc but come on, im asking you to bash my **** - this is a golden opportunity to say bad stuff without being a hater....i first posted this in another forum but seemed like it was all worn out rock people - but isnt this the electronics forum? am i in the wrong forum again?...
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…