Quantcast
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years

Hey all,

Been coming to Gearslutz for a long time for tips on sound synthesis, production, samples, etc. Felt like i've hit a wall lately and need to know what / how I can learn more and improve so I thought I'd post one of my recent tunes. Please rip it apart - anything you don't like will help me for the next one.

cheers,

PS - haven't set the volume yet so it sounds a bit quiet

equipment: axiom pro 25, logic pro 9, massive, ibanez guitar through egnater amp
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
what genre is this? it's kind of confusing...
Old 22nd January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Tempo is 115. I've heard a lot of songs that include trance or electronic elements with basic guitar parts (ie. Gui Borato - No Turning Back, XX's coexist album, Polipo - About Today).

Are there specific transitions that seem abrupt? Or synths or guitar parts that do not seem to fit within the mix?
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Okay I see where you're coming from... I guess I was thrown off by the four on the floor kick. None of the xx songs I've heard have such a "dancey" kick.

Since that isn't really my genre the only thing I'd say is the snare part seems out of place - it's loud and it seems programmed in when what you seem to need is more of a light touch - try playing them in without quantizing. The guitar part sounds really nicely done though!
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
fredi dwnloadr,

appreciate the feedback. i'll go back to the drawing board on the kick and probably not go 4 on the floor with it. as for the snare, it's actually a live recording so no quantizing - BUT i did do use the flex tool to make sure they all lined up perfectly with the beat. I wanted a dramatic punch with the snare but it may be a bit much.

bets,
-- GrizWold
πŸ“ Reply