Quantcast
FREE: lo-fi, vhs washed, dreamy sort of album. enjoy! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FREE: lo-fi, vhs washed, dreamy sort of album. enjoy!
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
deleted

deleted
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Downloading now.
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
awesome, i hope you enjoy it!
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Listened to the first 4 tracks today.
Loving what I have heard so far.
Great choice of sounds and effects used. The guitar sounds nice too.
The best thing is that you have developed your own unique style and sound. That is priceless.
Also, I am a HUGE fan of songs that are shorter in length like yours. So many songs are just too damn long, especially when they repeat things unnecessarily. But when the length is right, it actually leaves you wanting more.

Anyway, I will definitely listen to the rest properly over the next few days.
Excellent stuff.

Also, you put out an EP not that long ago, did you do all these tracks between now and then?
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
hey man thanks so much for the really kind words!!

I 100% agree with taking notice of song length. Some of my stuff is a bit repetitive / could be cut down in length, but I really think the idea of "leaving you wanting more" is important...especially for track transitions.

Yes, I put out an EP a little bit ago. I ran out of space on my soundcloud, so I've decided to start writing music under a couple of different new project names (haven't finished anything yet though). This name was really me figuring out how to record / mix / master, and I definitely still have a lot to learn.

I figured a nice way to finish off the project would be to collect tracks from the previous EPs I had put out, as well as some other tracks I've done, and re-master them to gel together properly.

Then I bounced all of it to and from a vcr to try and experiment with tape warmth.

tl;dr

tracks 15-18 have never been on my bandcamp before, the rest were on EPs. Some track names were changed for this album. and thanks for listening, glad you're enjoying it!
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Finished listening to the last few tracks today.
Very impressed.
Listening to them on my monitors, I really liked the overall sonic quality. I don't know how much the VCR bouncing helped, but I'm thinking of pinching my mums old VCR she never uses.
A few of these tracks will get repeat listens, my favorite was 14. It actually sounded vintage.
The Simpsons sample gave me a giggle too, was that what you taped over?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing more, especially after you grab a few of those goodies you have been researching here.
Old 28th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide ➡️
Finished listening to the last few tracks today.
Very impressed.
Listening to them on my monitors, I really liked the overall sonic quality. I don't know how much the VCR bouncing helped, but I'm thinking of pinching my mums old VCR she never uses.
A few of these tracks will get repeat listens, my favorite was 14. It actually sounded vintage.
The Simpsons sample gave me a giggle too, was that what you taped over?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing more, especially after you grab a few of those goodies you have been researching here.
thanks man, i really appreciate it!!

it's hard for me to really get a good sense of my mix, because I don't have the room for proper monitors, so I'm doing everything on these cans: Shure Americas | Microphones, Wireless Systems, Headphones, Earphones

i don't know how much the vcr did either, but it was more me just practicing how to get it to tape and back. the only track it really made a difference for that i noticed was track 13, on which it added a lot of extra sounds and warmth compared to the original

track 14 was actually the first song i made for this name

i actually thought i was taping over power rangers lol, but when i bounced everything back that clip was immediately following the end of my music...i thought abe talking about "getting a job" was a nice way to end an album haha.

thanks again for listening, and i really hope my future stuff does meet your expectations. this stuff was a bunch of experiments...im now working on two projects (one with a female vocalist and one that's more post-punkish) that will benefit from better drums (arturia spark), better synths (minibrute, sub phatty hopefully), delays / reverbs (valhalla ubermod, before getting hardware pedal), and overall more experience
📝 Reply