Quantcast
Mellow dnb flavored techno - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mellow dnb flavored techno
Old 18th September 2012
Mellow dnb flavored techno

Here's an older track of mine, getting released next month on a compilation. Kinda dnb influenced. It was originally made in Reason and mostly sample based, I mixed it down again in Logic, with some Valhalla and Fabfilter effects. Mastered by Sam at Precise Mastering.

Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
As promised....

The beat is not only pristine , but the sounds are great too.
Reaally nice tone from the kick/toms , like a cats purr. Wise choice for that bass patch....sounds vintage and phat as a room full of sumo wrestlers.
Wasnt expecting the mellow balaeric chords and im wondering now how you'll work that bass back in .
Reminds me of a band i used to listen to on the platypus label , called syzygy .
Nice chilled track. I wonder if the bass would've worked into the theme in the 2nd half if you'd transposed the chords down into the bass key ? Just a thought ....
Old 20th September 2012
Thanks a lot man, I used to love Platypus back in the day, been ages though. I forgot all my Platypus records in a taxi back in the early 90's

Anyway the influences must be in my subconscious

btw there's no 'bass line' as such just 3 different kicks interplaying, very simple track really.

Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Hey man

I really enjoy the "balearic sounds"! But I really feel the beat is stale and boring, altough the technical aspect of it is good, the beat itself is too empty for me.

The (vintagey) bass sound are aslo not my cup of tea, too thin.
I do like the thick hihat sounds. Lots of lo end in them, and compression (from what?)?
Also the "kick" bass is nice (the one you have in the break, 808 style saturated), but the main kick is a bit too prominent imo.

I would so much love to hear these melodic sounds over your other, more intense dub-tech beats! Throw some more dubby squarewave chords over that aswell heh
Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I really like from 3:00 and on, however I think that you should expand on the 30-60 seconds or so before it, build some more tension leading up to it.
Old 20th September 2012
Yeah you guys are probably right, its an older track, made when I was in on a different buzz musically. I didn't want to start messing around with the arrangement too much, and I was on a tight deadline, I might have made it worse! I do like the beat but agree its 'simple'. It is after all just for a small compilation... so I just sent it off like that.

@Fragletrollet the hats are all just crappy samples : ) not much processing going on, bit of eq bit of parallel compression on the drum bus, sonimus satson on all channels and psp mix saturator on the 2 bus. I was worried the "hard" kick was too loud also.. hum. Anyway the analog mastering has a lot to do with things... Thermionic Culture Phoenix, etc.

Old 21st September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Cool. Im sending off my album to these guys soon, excited ;=)
πŸ“ Reply