Quantcast
D'Jesus - Sapphire (Extended Mix) [ProgHouse] - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
D'Jesus - Sapphire (Extended Mix) [ProgHouse]
Old 17th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
D'Jesus - Sapphire (Extended Mix) [ProgHouse]

This is a little (10 minute or so) Progressive House tune I put together this weekend. I know it's fairly long, but I tried my best to make it a journey and not a tedious listening experience. Hope you enjoy, and forget the time as it's passing. Let me know what you all think

Cheers,

D'Jesus

Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus โžก๏ธ
This is a little (10 minute or so) Progressive House tune I put together this weekend. I know it's fairly long, but I tried my best to make it a journey and not a tedious listening experience. Hope you enjoy, and forget the time as it's passing. Let me know what you all think

Cheers,

D'Jesus

Totally into it and very into the arpeggios at first. At some point they became a little meandering and I lost interest for a few seconds but when the drums came back it was right back where it should be.

Really original sounding track!

Oh and your filtering of the white noise is great, swirls and sounds like the surf.
Old 18th September 2012
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Love it when those arps reach 8-bit broken chord speeds towards the end. Really into the whole thing actually. Especially all the wide stereo micro edits flying around the bass line, very slick stuff.

My only suggestion would be to think about adding in some more high frequency activity during the section beginning around 5:27. It starts rocking so hard there that I think if you filled the spectrum out with some nice sizzley open hats or something it could really shoot through the roof.
Old 18th September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbartee โžก๏ธ
Love it when those arps reach 8-bit broken chord speeds towards the end. Really into the whole thing actually. Especially all the wide stereo micro edits flying around the bass line, very slick stuff.

My only suggestion would be to think about adding in some more high frequency activity during the section beginning around 5:27. It starts rocking so hard there that I think if you filled the spectrum out with some nice sizzley open hats or something it could really shoot through the roof.
not bad suggestions! thank you for the feedback, I'm going to go back and add some open hats around there. It gives the reprise of that bass section variety

cheers!
Old 21st September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
I updated the file on soundcloud to include some changes:

-Kick has a bit more fullness and sub freqs
-reprise of Electro Cut Bass Section has some added elements (open hats), more synth variety and filtering.
-Panning on hats, claps and other percussion changed a bit to give more space for melodies and synth lines.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…