Quantcast
My newest album. Please Listen. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
My newest album. Please Listen.
Old 15th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
My newest album. Please Listen.

Hey all. I'm fairly new to these forums. I write electronic music in my spare time and this record is the newest of my efforts. I'm no beethoven nor any fancy sound engineer but i try my best. Feedback whether it be positive or negative is appreciated. Cheers and thanks to those who listen.

Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Hey, your compositions are pretty good. Your slow piano stuff is your strength. It seems to me an album with mostly solo piano things with one more beat-driven tune is a little unbalanced.... a two or three more tunes with a solid groove would balance it out (or just leave it at solo piano). Otherwise it's a little lop-sided.

The tune with the beat (in your post above) is generally pretty good, but you could use some more practice in production techniques. In particular, it doesn't have much bass.

But generally pretty nice work.
Old 18th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Thanks for the feedback, although I should provide a little back story to give you a better understanding of the album.

Almost all of my settings are presets in logic with reverb added. I use all soft synths and keyboards with electronic drums from logic. No fancy plug-ins or nothing. There is however a few guitars in there that are direct input and amped through logic.

Pedal wise I'm just adding some digital delay and slight overdrive because the logic settings sound a little weak. I dont have any monitors but i have an average pair of panasonic headphones I use for mixing. I have no schooling or training in mixing or mastering so there's no behind the scenes magic.

As for the amount of tracks, I limited it to specifically eight. The reason being is that I wrote a poem which became the eight titles of each song. I wrote music based on what each line sounded to me and voila theres 8 tracks.

Thanks again for listening. Means a lot.
Old 19th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Cool! I personally dont mind the lack of bass, but some low end on the piano wouldnt hurt the track at all.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…