Electro Outrun I guess
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Electro Outrun I guess

Old 15th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Great track. Really digging the Outrun vibe.

I agree there's some trouble with the lead at the end. To my ear the problem is actually not so much the lead itself, but that aggressive metallic pad that underlies it. There are a couple things I'd look into if I was mixing it:

A) Seems like the pads have way too much presence in the upper midrange. I'd cut a lot of that out to give the lead more room to breath.
B) Both the lead and the pad are extremely busy- the pad has all this rhythmic complexity and syncopation, and the lead has a loose improvised feel. The two conspire to confuse the ear and cause the song to kind of lose its "pocket" at the end. I'd try simplifying the pads first, but might also look into tightening up the playing on the lead, especially when it first enters.

If it was my mix I'd also push the rhythm section a whole lot louder in relation to the synths. Particularly at the end, the snare and kick are getting buried. Some of that should be alleviated if you cut out that upper mid energy from the pads, but I think the drums are a little quiet even in the early sections of the track. The kick is maybe a little clicky for my taste as well- but this is more of a stylistic thing.

Hope that's helpful! Otherwise the track sounds great. Love the Vangelis-ish brass sounds in the middle and that siren effect.
Old 28th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I believe this will be the final product..bump
Old 29th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
music and video cue up well :-). like the track!
Old 6th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
thanks i really appreciate that
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Really like the retro feel of this track.
Especially like how it builds with the nice chords towards the end.
And this is one of those occasions where the video makes the song even better.
Well done!
Old 21st October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Thanks not sure im totally happy with the mix but it's on youtube now so that's that.
Old 21st October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Ha that's my philosophy too.
There's usually something in the mix that bothers me, but once it's posted it is done. Time to move on.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…