The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 132 views: 458,686
smurfyou 4 weeks ago

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 68 views: 111,872
mattiasnyc 19th November 2021

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 139,364
saemola 15th August 2016

As we are starting to upgrade systems to Apple Silicon and looking forward to working in Pro Tools natively, without Rosetta, it...

originalscottyg
replies: 3 views: 329
ayushahuja 5 hours ago

Does anyone have any studio they can recommend for Saturday in San Antonio, TX? May or may not be to picture, still up in the...

BVoss
replies: 1 views: 105
BVoss 13 hours ago

I've got an annoying issue that maybe someone can help with. Normally in Pro Tools, the video track jumps to whatever frame the...

sailor
replies: 15 views: 521
pablovius 1 day ago

Hello everyone, being a novice in the field of post-production I have a small question concerning the video out of Pro Tools. I...

catonhp
replies: 9 views: 399
mattrixx 1 day ago

Afternoon all. We have a 7.1.4 Atmos mix room up here, that we mainly use for mixing episodic, dramatic projects in Canada. I'm...

6foot4design
replies: 165 views: 26,795
chelgrian 1 day ago

Hello, I really like the sound of IR reverbs and I used them a lot in my pos-production process and even in my sound design...

Peter Budai
replies: 8 views: 752
skandinav 2 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,700 views: 325,157
subbasshead 2 days ago

Recently I got an old TC electronic DB-8 (the old, original "MK1"). The frame was delivered with frame and dsp version...

echoRausch
replies: 1 views: 945
MobileUnits 3 days ago

Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with VSTi or similar for placing foley, and if so which libraries/players are...

mattiasnyc
replies: 76 views: 13,048
mattiasnyc 5 days ago

Curious what everyone's "gotta have" verb is for the dialogue/mx side of things. Want to take advantage of these deals...

srheiss
replies: 5 views: 473
smurfyou 6 days ago

Hi folks, anybody ever mixed for Instagram video / IGTV? A few forums mention they seem to covert to mono... maybe worth...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 8 views: 12,682
Zlatagor 1 week ago

I got curious as a few guys from Europe posted how they where using Nuendo for profesional post work in different areas of post....

gsilbers
replies: 54 views: 3,460
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

How does 5.1 and above content get downmixed to stereo at the consumer/home level? Are there typical values or standards ie. LFE...

Sndnerd
replies: 2 views: 226
kosmokrator 1 week ago

I've been doing a fair amount of ADR recording lately and I thought it would be good to re-think my approach at this point. I...

Vytis
replies: 52 views: 6,169
Mundox 1 week ago

I was asked what Feature I did the Home Theater Mix on the JBL 6328 with the JBL 6312P Subwoofer. It was "Drag Me To...

dr.sound
replies: 30 views: 2,641
Doogie Howser 1 week ago

I have to record the sounds for a short film. The location where the shooting took place is a park surrounded by avenues, so...

Andinus
replies: 23 views: 1,177
celticrogues 2 weeks ago

Im now researching about SoundFX Library for a game. There are so many solutions out there - from one time purchase to annually...

simsung
replies: 2 views: 274
simsung 2 weeks ago

Hi there, I plan to build a new ADR/VO recording room and I'm looking for a analog mixer for the little control room. I maybe...

domilik
replies: 8 views: 1,621
voiceoversteve 2 weeks ago

I am looking into different alternatives for LCR duties in a 40m2 dolby atmos post production room. We mostly do post production...

Eirik
replies: 2 views: 366
Eirik 3 weeks ago

Finished up a day ahead of deadline, except Dropbox upload stalls w 1 second left. Multiple renders, multiple filenames, multiple...

JayTee4303
replies: 14 views: 981
postprosound 3 weeks ago

Hello fellow gear heads! I have a question regarding the Behringer adat 8000 combined with Scarlett 18i20. Hope this is the right...

Thorbjoern
replies: 0 views: 176
Thorbjoern 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I just got the DAMS and got all kinds of contradicting infos regarding hardware requirements to run it with my PT...

Badaboom
replies: 9 views: 520
F1ySyn 3 weeks ago

Hi! I'm doing research about the foley Kontakt software market size. Is it common to use Kontakt when you don't record Foley? Do...

Comet
replies: 0 views: 203
Comet 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a batch loudness processor that can process each individual file to an individual specific LUFS...

opinto
replies: 9 views: 598
opinto 3 weeks ago

Hi guys. I'm experimenting with testing a pink noise from pro tools and rerecording it to find problems. I immediately hit on...

tha_lode
replies: 12 views: 481
kosmokrator 3 weeks ago

I have an s1 connected to PC, Win 11. Tried both direct and via router. Nuendo 12 (latest version) Pro Tools Ultimate...

mattiasnyc
replies: 0 views: 152
mattiasnyc 4 weeks ago

Hi there, Would anyone be able to tell me how audio switching occurs in broadcast for TV? I've had a look online but really...

Blueflowers
replies: 10 views: 555
Blueflowers 4 weeks ago

I've been mixing in Dolby Atmos at some nice NY studios, but my home studio is still only 5.1/Dolby Atmos Production Suite. I've...

NReichman
replies: 35 views: 6,343
matt82aust 4 weeks ago

Hey forum, thought I'd share a Premeiere AAF story here to spread the knowledge...maybe it helps somewhere. We had an...

Oliver.Lucas
replies: 1 views: 221
philper 4 weeks ago

Looking for a great application to transpose certain sensitive formants and timbre in key-instrument samples. I have tried the...

PianoFreek
replies: 37 views: 28,088
Walldough 26th October 2022

Hi!! I would like to Study and start working in Post Production. Is it possible to find Mentors online or would it be...

newb
replies: 2 views: 322
newb 25th October 2022

Hi all, I've recently been appointed to a role that is essentially Post Supervisor at a rather large and old company....

SabThrowAway
replies: 4 views: 479
subbasshead 22nd October 2022

Is this possible? - Cleaning up documentary sound, removing unwanted background music from party dialogue by using the original...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 10 views: 551
RayHeath 22nd October 2022

Hello! Question: Your methods to get the effect that music is played in the open air. And the second question (similar): That...

schmaletz
replies: 34 views: 3,451
Thomas W. Bethe 22nd October 2022

Hi, looking for any expert advice on how to get rid of the icky formant or whatever I'm hearing on the words "meet" and...

cdpixton
replies: 6 views: 339
cdpixton 22nd October 2022

I'm a bit bored by the gear-only threads here. So let's get a bit more on the 'creative' side. What cool trick did you do...

kosmokrator
replies: 9 views: 840
quadraphonics 21st October 2022

I've started experimenting with the Haas effect, particularly on snare and percussive elements, pan the original to the left and...

Charb
replies: 0 views: 302
Charb 21st October 2022

I just wrote and recorded a fantastic music score, it's really ambitious, and all who were involved are quite sure this thing is...

ianvargo
replies: 28 views: 12,894
celticrogues 20th October 2022

I just saw a promotional video for the Waves Vx Pro dialogue cleaner plugin by Rob Bartlett on some Production audio from Dune...

quadraphonics
replies: 53 views: 9,229
tomteontour 14th October 2022

I skipped v9, the 'aah here ya fuc*in' go' -half upgrade. Can anyone share something about v10 yet ? Anyone know when they're...

Airon
replies: 25 views: 2,117
Airon 13th October 2022

hi, Probably the least exciting thread ever, lol. If anyone has experience or currently owns a TV Cart/Stand, I'd love to know...

replies: 2 views: 265
David W. Jones 12th October 2022

I just watched the first three episodes of ANDOR and the audio is VERY well done. CONGRATS to the crew! The dialog mix, the SFX...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 8 views: 991
Thomas W. Bethe 10th October 2022

Hoping I'm missing something, but I'm still struggling with supplying clients with mixes they can evaluate on consumer AV...

jono
replies: 8 views: 639
pieca 9th October 2022

I need to update my system, new computer, OS, PT, evertyhing. Coming from PT10 this new stuff is confusing to me. I think my...

SubNiggurath
replies: 5 views: 570
originalscottyg 8th October 2022

7.1.4 speaker choices. 25m2 (270 sq ft) (physical size 30m2). I was thinking of going with the JBL 708i for the fronts and 705...

ErikG
replies: 30 views: 5,897
Ted Krotkiewski 8th October 2022

When I print my full stereo mix it's starting 2 frames earlier that the tracks I'm sending to it. How is this even possible? ...

spectrasound
replies: 8 views: 536
shuckle 6th October 2022

Bit of an odd scenario. When playing back audio the Sync HD is dead-on accurate. However, when playback is paused, the timecode...

shuckle
replies: 7 views: 272
originalscottyg 5th October 2022

I've inherited responsibility for an atmos room at my new studio and have been making some adjustments. I'm trying to figure out...

Deleted 42151a9
replies: 3 views: 354
shuckle 4th October 2022

We will probably need to record ADR in Toronto. Any studio suggestions?

ErikG
replies: 5 views: 369
ErikG 3rd October 2022

So I have always primarily worked with dialog editing and mixing, and don't have all that extensive of experience in sfx and mx....

Deleted 42151a9
replies: 7 views: 634
Avatar for Deleted 42151a9123d5a71
Deleted 42151a9123d5a71 3rd October 2022

Moderators