The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 68 views: 110,768
mattiasnyc 19th November 2021

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 130 views: 455,486
Andy Chan 28th April 2021

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 138,062
saemola 15th August 2016

All, We generate quite a few QC documents of our programs. We use Excel to make these documents. There has to be a better...

quadraphonics
replies: 4 views: 272
kosmokrator 2 hours ago

We will probably need to record ADR in Toronto. Any studio suggestions?

ErikG
replies: 3 views: 165
jrfountain 16 hours ago

Does anyone have experience with Meyer Sound Bluehorn LCR right system in a post production environment ? Or are these still...

molos
replies: 0 views: 88
molos 1 day ago

So I have always primarily worked with dialog editing and mixing, and don't have all that extensive of experience in sfx and mx....

krm_sound
replies: 5 views: 305
allklier 2 days ago

I just watched the first three episodes of ANDOR and the audio is VERY well done. CONGRATS to the crew! The dialog mix, the SFX...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 1 views: 248
brandoncross 2 days ago

I posted this is another forum and they recommended posting it here as well. I do mostly studio recording and mixing, but next...

guitargypsy
replies: 11 views: 274
TVPostSound 4 days ago

Network content goes through a QC and has a spec sheet. Peaks, LUFS, etc. All well defined and checked. But... the CALM Act was...

spiderman
replies: 12 views: 424
quadraphonics 4 days ago

Is this possible? - Cleaning up documentary sound, removing unwanted background music from party dialogue by using the original...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 7 views: 270
quadraphonics 5 days ago

Hey all, I can't seem to find an answer about this, now that the Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite is available as a $995,-...

Farhoof
replies: 6 views: 322
Farhoof 6 days ago

Looking for a great application to transpose certain sensitive formants and timbre in key-instrument samples. I have tried the...

PianoFreek
replies: 35 views: 26,918
Bob Olhsson 1 week ago

I'm having trouble getting dialogue isolate to work at all in RX10 standalone on a Mac Studio. When I hit "render" it...

ajrobb
replies: 5 views: 464
brooklynfall 1 week ago

Hi folks, I've been wondering ever since watching on my small 5.1 system (via ProLogic II Movie upmix from a stereo feed): Do...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 6 views: 421
Andrew Mottl 1 week ago

Hoping I'm missing something, but I'm still struggling with supplying clients with mixes they can evaluate on consumer AV...

jono
replies: 6 views: 317
paulnajar 1 week ago

HI All. I am a DaVinci resolve user for post production. (Fairlight) I have been using keyboard and mouse for automation for a...

canni0
replies: 1 views: 143
Newmann 1 week ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,688 views: 322,605
trexbeverly 1 week ago

We're excited to announce that Windows users can now utilize Defaulter -our clip-gain normalizer- in their workflows! To mark...

Mundox
replies: 0 views: 107
Mundox 1 week ago

Hey guys, VoxOver is an older program that was used to streamline the recording of several small lines, and batch processes...

FreeWilson
replies: 4 views: 639
davidears 1 week ago

I skipped v9, the 'aah here ya fuc*in' go' -half upgrade. Can anyone share something about v10 yet ? Anyone know when they're...

Airon
replies: 23 views: 1,510
brandoncross 2 weeks ago

Hello! I am learning how to mix in 5.1, and I have some questions about how the LFE channel operates. 1. If the LFE fader at...

Apollo89
replies: 16 views: 528
Bob Olhsson 2 weeks ago

It has taken our web designer the whole summer to redo this site and I would appreciate any feedback or comments. Thanks in...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 6 views: 370
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 114 views: 42,603
Chevron 2 weeks ago

I just saw a promotional video for the Waves Vx Pro dialogue cleaner plugin by Rob Bartlett on some Production audio from Dune...

quadraphonics
replies: 52 views: 7,874
Stratman 2 weeks ago

When I print my full stereo mix it's starting 2 frames earlier that the tracks I'm sending to it. How is this even possible? ...

spectrasound
replies: 7 views: 307
Andrew Mottl 2 weeks ago

Hello. Looking for advice on routing management for Speakers/sub/LFE. I work a great deal on music, primarily in stereo,...

yuka42
replies: 6 views: 531
smurfyou 2 weeks ago

I am looking into a new space for my studio and I am expanding from 5.1 to atmos. I mostly do tv drama and docs and a few shorts...

molos
replies: 11 views: 1,228
molos 2 weeks ago

Afternoon all. We have a 7.1.4 Atmos mix room up here, that we mainly use for mixing episodic, dramatic projects in Canada. I'm...

6foot4design
replies: 150 views: 24,380
bobtheninja 2 weeks ago

Check it out. https://acondigital.com/products/extract-dialogue/

Henchman
replies: 255 views: 29,589
smurfyou 3 weeks ago

Is anyone using Descript as part of their dialogue editing workflow? I’m not talking about last ditch AI word replacement, but...

SaschaP
replies: 1 views: 253
mattrixx 3 weeks ago

Anyone? Most places you send away to want a minimum of far more CDs than I want to print and it obviously costs a lot more, was...

bill5
replies: 2 views: 125
David W. Jones 3 weeks ago

hi I have recorder one female speaker via TLM-103 and edit this audio in audition and izotope rx. Picture for editing is in...

foler
replies: 3 views: 279
foler 3 weeks ago

Hello series mixers, When asked for a super session is the expectation that each episode has their own routing/auxes/masters...

Travelers
replies: 7 views: 478
Steven1145 3 weeks ago

Hey forum, I need to design a new room for audio post and it needs to run both PT and Nuendo. I know that AVID still have...

Oliver.Lucas
replies: 5 views: 393
Fred Pearson 3 weeks ago

Anyone come across this before... ---- Could Not Save "Reel2v9MixPass" because assertion in...

mikevarela
replies: 10 views: 21,152
Andrew Mottl 4 weeks ago

I'm mixing a documentary with a good amount of clips from sporting events and I'm trying to decide on the best placement for the...

Sonic Mafia
replies: 4 views: 328
tha_lode 4 weeks ago

I am an "Atmos Newbie" & just installed Atmos 7.1.4 My monitor controller is the JBL Intonato 24 with DC remote....

spectrasound
replies: 9 views: 678
spectrasound 4 weeks ago

With Pro Tools now/soon supporting ARA2 with Melodyne, are other products, such as RX and ACON going to quickly follow? Randall

quadraphonics
replies: 3 views: 409
Avatar for Deleted 0188cef94c9aaff
Deleted 0188cef94c9aaff 25th August 2022

I'm new to Source Connect (currently have SC pro v3.9 ,source nexus & talkback) and will have my very first link test and SC...

whirl444
replies: 3 views: 388
Mundox 25th August 2022

I have built a Pro Tools template with 4 beds and 4 bed and object groups (Dx Fx Mx Narr). All beds and object outputs have a...

StephenLTE
replies: 0 views: 233
StephenLTE 24th August 2022

Looking for a plug-in that will do filter sweeps much like Pitch n' Time variable mode works for pitch. (where you can draw the...

Helminthes
replies: 2 views: 316
Helminthes 23rd August 2022

Curious what other post-audio folks, especially freelancers, are using to backup their main work drives in 2022 (besides their...

jondom22
replies: 24 views: 916
NReichman 22nd August 2022

Hello, I really like the sound of IR reverbs and I used them a lot in my pos-production process and even in my sound design...

Peter Budai
replies: 2 views: 315
Peter Budai 21st August 2022

I've been waiting over a year for Dolby Production Suite for windows. Buying an overpriced Mac Pro for one program and...

Deleted 2c9d885
replies: 46 views: 13,170
ErikG 18th August 2022

Hi there, If possible could someone explain to me the basic dependence of gain staging and the -6 db rule? Also, some people...

intherabbithole
replies: 3 views: 589
intherabbithole 17th August 2022

Just wondering because I just had to explain to an online editor (!) what the difference was between "mixes" that he...

mattiasnyc
replies: 40 views: 2,032
bru95bg 14th August 2022

I have tried RX de-click, but that doesn't work. Honestly, I don't have anything else. It's the click @ 1.8 sec, that isn't a...

riffwraith
replies: 16 views: 770
berniebeaudry 13th August 2022

Hello! Do you have any experience with using true surround headphones for monitoring and mixing in 5.1? I am not talking...

Apollo89
replies: 11 views: 528
Apollo89 12th August 2022

I've asked this from Apple and Avid on a few occasions and couldn't get an answer and have researched countless forums as well to...

SDDP
replies: 9 views: 523
dominic30 12th August 2022

Hello everyone. 1st post here. My 7.1 setup consists of 7x 8040s and a SVS PB 2000 Sub. I wonder if I am becoming crazy...

MasterBlaBlaster
replies: 17 views: 663
pentagon 11th August 2022

Hi there I need some help, choosing the right option for controlling my monitors in my new mixing room. What we have...

idee und klang
replies: 11 views: 595
Avatar for Deleted 0188cef94c9aaff
Deleted 0188cef94c9aaff 6th August 2022

I'm surprised nobody has chimed in on this one yet. I'm working on a doc with some pretty funky sounding interviews, so I'm going...

seanmccoy
replies: 15 views: 5,987
Geronimos Guitar 4th August 2022

Moderators