The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 130 views: 423,980
Andy Chan 2 weeks ago

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 66 views: 93,636
dr.sound 13th December 2020

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 118,772
saemola 15th August 2016

I don't think anything here counts as a "spoiler." But I could be wrong, so you've been warned. I guess we can...

Brent Hahn
replies: 19 views: 848
thermisonic 22 hours ago

Hi I'm struggling to find a tool for Mac which will simply measure LUFS (R128) of a split 5.1 audio. This is on a Mac without...

nucelar
replies: 6 views: 274
philper 2 days ago

7.1.4 speaker choices. 25m2 (270 sq ft) (physical size 30m2). I was thinking of going with the JBL 708i for the fronts and 705...

ErikG
replies: 17 views: 1,370
kosmokrator 3 days ago

Is there a plug-in like what the eq match module in RX editor has but standalone? It would be nice to avoid having to send clips...

breaktheory
replies: 9 views: 661
quadraphonics 4 days ago

does anyone know or know where i can get a list of words you can't say on the radio(fm). I'm supposed to edit all the...

deriklang
replies: 41 views: 158,787
huskerat 5 days ago

Is there a way to have an open panner “follow” your track selection? Ie: a single open panner window automatically...

breaktheory
replies: 5 views: 621
pentagon 5 days ago

I'm working on a sound design template in Cubase. The plan is to have multiple group tracks for different categories of sounds. I...

solingen
replies: 10 views: 661
solingen 6 days ago

I just got an envelope matching plug-in called Envy that I’ve been using on everything - how am I just finding out about this...

breaktheory
replies: 34 views: 2,612
Garret 6 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,631 views: 299,148
Slava_Pogorelsky 1 week ago

this could radically reshape our industry... just as long as our clients don't send audio assets to us this way.

NReichman
replies: 21 views: 930
philper 1 week ago

Hi, audio people! Happy to share a new article about Foley cueing. Hope you will like...

kiddius
replies: 6 views: 471
TheMuffinMan01 1 week ago

Looks awesome, but at $1500 USD seems pricey. I've never had the pleasure of working on an MPC, but really loved the Series...

RecRoom
replies: 17 views: 1,194
rcutz 1 week ago

Hello, Is there a loudness standard across Audio Book / Podcast distributors by any chance? We're mixing a series at the...

Mundox
replies: 10 views: 588
seanmccoy 1 week ago

In Pro Tools, if I want to make a stem longer for whatever reason, I will usually destructive punch into it and make it longer. ...

BigSpringSound
replies: 4 views: 437
nucelar 2 weeks ago

Any of my fellow engineers know of a good solution to emulate time code and or display streamers and trigger beeps in the...

Deleted 3bdb336
replies: 5 views: 4,895
petestedt 2 weeks ago

Hey all, I just finished a project and potentially screwed myself out of a few thousand dollars by not logging my hours...

Sabored
replies: 7 views: 416
Mundox 2 weeks ago

for me it's weird, after 20+ years i kind of got used to the "classic" mode but - finally the screen is not shining...

cebolao
replies: 41 views: 6,750
vashuba 2 weeks ago

Hi Everyone, I am totally new here and need your help. I had some help already but still many things are not clear for me. I edit...

lgabor
replies: 47 views: 3,473
quadraphonics 2 weeks ago

Hi! Title says all! I'm in search for small, as silent as possible, projector for small room. Around 12m2. I was searching...

Barajevic
replies: 1 views: 349
Travelers 2 weeks ago
replies: 71 views: 14,634
SyncOne2 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I'm trying to get into audio post from a background of some freelance work in it, trying to get better at dx/foley/fx...

5MediumBrown
replies: 8 views: 2,101
markalex 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone. So just wanted some advice on a good mid side mic for recording ambient/ atmos and stereo/ mono spots effects?...

axial mode
replies: 2 views: 271
TVPostSound 3 weeks ago

Our systems were recently updated to the latest version of PT Ultimate. All plug ins were updated as well. I opened up an older...

Tapwatr
replies: 16 views: 2,583
prog 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, sorry for probably a stupid question, but that's why I'm asking it in the newbies sub. Anyways... There's this EXPOSE...

COOLak
replies: 11 views: 412
TheMuffinMan01 3 weeks ago

What happens if you lock down a graduated Sound Designer for 6 months? Correct, he starts building his own 3D Audio Recording...

TJP
replies: 4 views: 560
TJP 3 weeks ago

Check it out. https://acondigital.com/products/extract-dialogue/

Henchman
replies: 105 views: 10,686

Hi folks, anybody ever mixed for Instagram video / IGTV? A few forums mention they seem to covert to mono... maybe worth...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 5 views: 1,687
Andrew Mottl 3 weeks ago

Is it possible to lock in waveform height for just specific tracks? I’d love to be able to lock waveform height for only my...

breaktheory
replies: 3 views: 286

I’m setup on 3 now - pix, edit, mixer/soundminer Having 2 is probably a bit easier on the eyes and it’s easier to create...

breaktheory
replies: 8 views: 461

Hello to all, whenever I listen to trailers for film I always noticed how squashed the dynamics are with very little transients,...

Infiltrator
replies: 14 views: 731
Infiltrator 3 weeks ago

Hello all, I am looking at ADR software solutions, and hoping to get some opinions on the best methods for effective yet...

johntunes
replies: 43 views: 1,981
Mundox 3 weeks ago

Just throwing this out there. I feel like I spend a fair amount of time cleaning up edits or things, and I could spend that time...

Inglesworth
replies: 15 views: 1,509

Thus from Pacific's public statement: After shutting our doors more than a year ago, today we must share the difficult and sad...

iluvcapra
replies: 8 views: 614
Thomas W. Bethe 4 weeks ago

Hello, So as the title is saying I'm mixing a short movie and it was recorded in a terrible place with very loud background...

ParanormalBanana
replies: 38 views: 4,393
jggorman 4 weeks ago

Long time lurker of this forum. Long story, short. I am post mixer in NYC who has relocated out of the boroughs. I still...

DominicBartolini
replies: 1 views: 458
DominicBartolini 4 weeks ago

My current iPad is about 8 years old and not even PT compatible anymore... I’ve been using avid control on my phone which is...

breaktheory
replies: 9 views: 415
quadraphonics 4 weeks ago

Hi, I'm an independent post production sound mixer, trying to link two rooms in the studio I work at together. Looking for...

kenevill
replies: 7 views: 454
smurfyou 4 weeks ago

Hello all There was a bug in the previous version of ultimate that made it so automation follows edit was not able to follow...

breaktheory
replies: 10 views: 554
breaktheory 4 weeks ago

Hey there, do you know if the half speed playback in Nuendo 8 is reliable for juding audio/video sync? Sometimes it´s hard to...

Kreuzzwerg
replies: 1 views: 187
mattiasnyc 4 weeks ago

Hi all! I’m beginner sound designer in post production. I have Neumann Kh80 (bass response from 56 hz), so I want to buy 6-7...

dezzzon
replies: 2 views: 418
ajrobb 4 weeks ago

I have edited the audio tracks from mp4 and wmv files in Cubase 6 and now I'm trying to merge them back into the source...

Nonlinear
replies: 13 views: 10,961
littlegtplr 4 weeks ago

Hi there, I just received a film file to work with, an mp4. I have fast Mac, and Logic Pro X. When i import the movie...

delay
replies: 3 views: 270
delay 10th April 2021

Sound Design Shaping The Future Of Our World: https://apple.news/ADSvM0pJDQPa45W3uXVBjzA

dr.sound
replies: 12 views: 692
StephenSaldanha 10th April 2021

just finished my latest video for a song o'mine. it was the first time i worked with a green screen. it was surprisingly easy and...

zinzin
replies: 0 views: 204
zinzin 9th April 2021

Hi folks, I saw a thread over in the mastering forum that suggested this question/gig would be best posted here. I usually...

cbmtrx
replies: 0 views: 252
cbmtrx 9th April 2021

I'm going to try to change or at least test how it feels to really work in a foodgroup layout for editing and mixing. I have a...

ErikG
replies: 38 views: 2,803
Andrew Mottl 8th April 2021

Hello, I am mixing bass-heavy music, not post, but I am sure the people here know the following info better than music people,...

dolomick
replies: 6 views: 378
NReichman 8th April 2021

Anyone using an M1 Mini for audio post yet? Is the 16GB limit an issue? How many monitors and what apps are you running? ...

philper
replies: 27 views: 2,240
Kuba_Pietrzak 8th April 2021

Atmos mix - TV vs projection? Yes there are a few old threads but they are a bit old. In all our small rooms we have always...

ErikG
replies: 14 views: 719
smurfyou 7th April 2021

Hello all, I’ve been cutting FX for some time now but I’ve never tried my hand at mixing. I’m really interested in a...

breaktheory
replies: 7 views: 780
breaktheory 7th April 2021

Moderators