The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 68 views: 110,191
mattiasnyc 19th November 2021

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 130 views: 453,506
Andy Chan 28th April 2021

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 137,457
saemola 15th August 2016

Curious what other post-audio folks, especially freelancers, are using to backup their main work drives in 2022 (besides their...

jondom22
replies: 0 views: 29
jondom22 1 hour ago

Hello. Looking for advice on routing management for Speakers/sub/LFE. I work a great deal on music, primarily in stereo,...

yuka42
replies: 2 views: 196
smurfyou 16 hours ago

I've been waiting over a year for Dolby Production Suite for windows. Buying an overpriced Mac Pro for one program and...

Deleted 2c9d885
replies: 44 views: 12,134
santibanks 1 day ago

Just wondering because I just had to explain to an online editor (!) what the difference was between "mixes" that he...

mattiasnyc
replies: 40 views: 1,570
bru95bg 1 day ago

Looking for a great application to transpose certain sensitive formants and timbre in key-instrument samples. I have tried the...

PianoFreek
replies: 32 views: 25,990
seanmccoy 3 days ago

I have tried RX de-click, but that doesn't work. Honestly, I don't have anything else. It's the click @ 1.8 sec, that isn't a...

riffwraith
replies: 16 views: 628
berniebeaudry 3 days ago

Hello! Do you have any experience with using true surround headphones for monitoring and mixing in 5.1? I am not talking...

Apollo89
replies: 11 views: 381
Apollo89 4 days ago

I've asked this from Apple and Avid on a few occasions and couldn't get an answer and have researched countless forums as well to...

SDDP
replies: 9 views: 438
dominic30 4 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,684 views: 321,013
subbasshead 4 days ago

Hello everyone. 1st post here. My 7.1 setup consists of 7x 8040s and a SVS PB 2000 Sub. I wonder if I am becoming crazy...

MasterBlaBlaster
replies: 17 views: 573
pentagon 5 days ago

I'm new to Source Connect (currently have SC pro v3.9 ,source nexus & talkback) and will have my very first link test and SC...

whirl444
replies: 2 views: 225
coaxmw 1 week ago

Hi there I need some help, choosing the right option for controlling my monitors in my new mixing room. What we have...

idee und klang
replies: 11 views: 458
TerryTowelDrum 1 week ago

I'm surprised nobody has chimed in on this one yet. I'm working on a doc with some pretty funky sounding interviews, so I'm going...

seanmccoy
replies: 15 views: 5,547
Geronimos Guitar 1 week ago

Companies announce a three-year agreement to enable Amazon Studios’ use of Avid’s Media Composer editing tool, NEXIS...

Trashman
replies: 0 views: 282
Trashman 1 week ago

Hey everyone, for a lot of the features I'm working on these days, the productions are going the route of Atmos HT format for...

Leverson
replies: 11 views: 884
Leverson 2 weeks ago

Just wanted to see what you have delivered to PBS recently. Only got a "global" spec that's a bit sparse on details....

mattiasnyc
replies: 3 views: 256
brandoncross 2 weeks ago

This seems odd and can't get a good answer on this. Updated to 2022.6 and now .7 and when trying to disable the video engine in...

mikevarela
replies: 7 views: 374
Andrew Mottl 2 weeks ago

Hello all, I am looking at ADR software solutions, and hoping to get some opinions on the best methods for effective yet...

johntunes
replies: 46 views: 3,413
CharlesDach 2 weeks ago

Does The Director Always Knows What's Best? https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a33859053/tenet-sound-problems/

dr.sound
replies: 39 views: 3,281
mattiasnyc 2 weeks ago

In the process of setting up a Dolby Atmos mix room, looking for some experienced feedback / dialogue on best hardware...

tboston007
replies: 42 views: 4,750
[email protected] 2 weeks ago

Hi all! I work in post production as a mixer and since I started working from home I have only worked on stereo projects as...

amontoro
replies: 2 views: 317
amontoro 2 weeks ago

All, I am looking for a contact at Sennheiser to get a demo on the AMBEO 2-Channel renderer. If you know of a contact there,...

quadraphonics
replies: 2 views: 284
quadraphonics 2 weeks ago

Hi @ all, what is currently your favorite post plug in for reducing reverberation / room information on source material? Use...

tomteontour
replies: 30 views: 2,755
Airon 2 weeks ago

My boss needs a plugin that will easily transform audio dialogue to sound like a two way radio. is there anything out there...

Beatz0121
replies: 31 views: 16,142
RedPeakAudio 2 weeks ago

Aloha!, I've been considering going ahead with a membership to respeecher.com for what it does I haven't found anything better....

Ladvin
replies: 10 views: 1,013
hawley 2 weeks ago

Hi there, If possible could someone explain to me the basic dependence of gain staging and the -6 db rule? Also, some people...

intherabbithole
replies: 2 views: 344
RedPeakAudio 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I don’t know if I’m being a bit stupid but I can’t find a preview button on dialogue isolate when I access it...

legionofben
replies: 4 views: 299
quadraphonics 2 weeks ago

I have a doubt with the new PT 2022.6, is DAPS necessary? Or can you work and export natively in Protools without the Dolby Atmos...

kaguen
replies: 6 views: 945
lukehowardmusic 3 weeks ago

HI folks, Does anyone have a copy of the Dolby Atmos Panner 1.2 installer? I thought it would be in my AVID account (where the...

mattrixx
replies: 3 views: 367
originalscottyg 3 weeks ago

I got curious as a few guys from Europe posted how they where using Nuendo for profesional post work in different areas of post....

gsilbers
replies: 24 views: 1,416
allklier 3 weeks ago

I'm working on a series where booms and lavs have been consistently mislabeled in the clip metadata that was captured on-set....

ajrobb
replies: 4 views: 329
ChrisLaarman 4 weeks ago

Hi, I was wondering how would people that have mixed and/or mastered with these two products would compare them side by side....

3rick
replies: 1 views: 327
jesajah 4 weeks ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 113 views: 41,692
Spells 4 weeks ago

Hey guys, Haven't been here in a hot minute but I need some help. I've been tasked with mixing the audio for a fan film and...

kylozen
replies: 6 views: 607
Airon 4 weeks ago

Hello Audio Postproduction stalwarts, Points: 1. LFE is not Subwoofer. 2. bass management is to be done by the home...

multibeat
replies: 4 views: 946
multibeat 11th July 2022

Hi all, I’m having difficulty finding some answers, and Nugen can take weeks to reply to my queries, so I wanted to post...

tubeman
replies: 2 views: 445
Farhoof 11th July 2022

I haven't been able to find much on google and am curious about it

Pickett
replies: 17 views: 913
ErikG 9th July 2022

Is it possible to find out the number of individual clips/regions in (a) a click-drag highlighted area, (b) a single track or...

i_o
replies: 4 views: 3,487
pentagon 8th July 2022

Hello everyone. Recently I've finished my experimental work on stereo to 5.x upmixing tech. As a result I've made the own 5.1...

a.zhendi
replies: 8 views: 697
BVoss 6th July 2022

Are most people here printing their final mixes in real-time to a track? I have been 'bouncing to disk' in non-real time which,...

Wheelie
replies: 22 views: 4,545
Ovalroaster 6th July 2022

Hey post community, how do you solve the tedious problem of having to deal with multiple similar samples for a scene? Let's...

Oliver.Lucas
replies: 14 views: 803
smurfyou 6th July 2022

I'm trying to get around the limitations of the Dolby Atmos Renderer that does not let you export Stereo Wav files which maintain...

afoundsound
replies: 11 views: 720
audionuma 5th July 2022

Hi, all! I've reached out to Avid support about this, but haven't heard back in about 3 weeks... to be fair, they requested a...

mjpatey
replies: 37 views: 3,193
Andrew Mottl 5th July 2022

Hello! I have a problem which I haven’t been able to find a good solution to yet. My problem comes when I need to print stems...

pettah93
replies: 12 views: 769
Andrew Mottl 5th July 2022

I just saw a promotional video for the Waves Vx Pro dialogue cleaner plugin by Rob Bartlett on some Production audio from Dune...

quadraphonics
replies: 51 views: 7,020
Stratman 2nd July 2022

Just doing some Voiceover work and when gating, it's too quiet - you guys using low level white noise to make it feel more...

Drumnbass411
replies: 6 views: 552
David W. Jones 30th June 2022

We recently did a video project where we recorded a musician playing multiple instruments, one at time. We did the video...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 16 views: 992
Thomas W. Bethe 29th June 2022

Afternoon all. We have a 7.1.4 Atmos mix room up here, that we mainly use for mixing episodic, dramatic projects in Canada. I'm...

6foot4design
replies: 146 views: 23,054
Janus 28th June 2022

Hi everyone! I am new and I was told to start a new thread here. The basic idea is to compress tv audio using e.g. Behringer...

jaros
replies: 4 views: 543
jaros 25th June 2022

I've been doing a lot of digging and can't seem to find much information about this topic. I'm wanting to do at least 5.1...

_loud_sound_
replies: 14 views: 975
Dragomir 24th June 2022

Moderators