The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 68 views: 108,490
mattiasnyc 19th November 2021

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 130 views: 450,261
Andy Chan 28th April 2021

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 135,292
saemola 15th August 2016

Hello! I have a problem which I haven’t been able to find a good solution to yet. My problem comes when I need to print stems...

pettah93
replies: 3 views: 383
kosmokrator 1 hour ago

Aloha!, I've been considering going ahead with a membership to respeecher.com for what it does I haven't found anything better....

Ladvin
replies: 7 views: 365
philper 4 hours ago

Hey guys, Haven't been here in a hot minute but I need some help. I've been tasked with mixing the audio for a fan film and...

kylozen
replies: 3 views: 181
Mundox 10 hours ago

Just doing some Voiceover work and when gating, it's too quiet - you guys using low level white noise to make it feel more...

Drumnbass411
replies: 6 views: 385
David W. Jones 18 hours ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,682 views: 319,041
subbasshead 1 day ago

We recently did a video project where we recorded a musician playing multiple instruments, one at time. We did the video...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 16 views: 880
Thomas W. Bethe 1 day ago

I'm trying to get around the limitations of the Dolby Atmos Renderer that does not let you export Stereo Wav files which maintain...

afoundsound
replies: 10 views: 356
coaxmw 2 days ago

Afternoon all. We have a 7.1.4 Atmos mix room up here, that we mainly use for mixing episodic, dramatic projects in Canada. I'm...

6foot4design
replies: 146 views: 22,128
Janus 2 days ago

I just saw a promotional video for the Waves Vx Pro dialogue cleaner plugin by Rob Bartlett on some Production audio from Dune...

quadraphonics
replies: 50 views: 6,027
kosmokrator 3 days ago

Hi everyone! I am new and I was told to start a new thread here. The basic idea is to compress tv audio using e.g. Behringer...

jaros
replies: 4 views: 370
jaros 5 days ago

I've been doing a lot of digging and can't seem to find much information about this topic. I'm wanting to do at least 5.1...

_loud_sound_
replies: 14 views: 789
Dragomir 6 days ago

I just got this with the latest delivery bible. "We normalize all audio deliveries to ensure all audio plays at the same...

TVPostSound
replies: 15 views: 2,112
quadraphonics 1 week ago

Hey post community, how do you solve the tedious problem of having to deal with multiple similar samples for a scene? Let's...

Oliver.Lucas
replies: 8 views: 532
kosmokrator 1 week ago

Is it possible to find out the number of individual clips/regions in (a) a click-drag highlighted area, (b) a single track or...

i_o
replies: 3 views: 3,226
quadraphonics 1 week ago

Title says it all, am I loosing my mind? Just upgraded but it feels all over the place, where I used to be ok-ish (working...

pethenis
replies: 5 views: 471
Andrew Mottl 1 week ago

As an individual planning for a career in the music industry, as an engineer and producer, I have searched long and hard for a...

sirio.bm
replies: 7 views: 7,427
gsilbers 1 week ago

COMING FEBRUARY 2021- PUEBLO AUDIO's NEW JR2/2-ADR • Dual Mic Preamp with Gain Pots &...

PuebloAudio
replies: 15 views: 1,594
Mundox 1 week ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 112 views: 40,621
nexgenmusic 2 weeks ago

Hey I'm hoping someone might be able to help me remove a pop sound from this recording... I'm thinking it's the sound of my pick...

illxvein
replies: 2 views: 458
SSELLC 2 weeks ago

Dear hive mind, a friend of mine has deliver to online streaming service GAIA ... the only specs given so far list stereo,...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 0 views: 250
Andrew Mottl 2 weeks ago

Hello my friends, i newbie right now in the forum but, in my constant serching for help just one guy has done it and i want to go...

markozavala
replies: 2 views: 1,800
musicprodusa 2 weeks ago

With the recent changes to channel counts in Pro Tools I would love to toss in the towel on Avid hardware, but that also means...

TerryTowelDrum
replies: 20 views: 747
chelgrian 2 weeks ago

Finished up a day ahead of deadline, except Dropbox upload stalls w 1 second left. Multiple renders, multiple filenames, multiple...

JayTee4303
replies: 12 views: 602
Fred Pearson 2 weeks ago

Hi all, Sorry if this has been discussed before. I'm mixing a film score and am worried about being able to really work with...

kakumei47
replies: 4 views: 333
Andrew Mottl 2 weeks ago

Hi! Title says all! I'm in search for small, as silent as possible, projector for small room. Around 12m2. I was searching...

Barajevic
replies: 3 views: 806
TerryTowelDrum 3 weeks ago

I am trying to fully understand the relationship between LUFS and Dolby Reference level. If we know that a Dolby approved cinema...

skogs
replies: 18 views: 646
Farhoof 3 weeks ago

well done. i didn't know what to expect but it's been a blast. one question if any of you Pistol post - people are on this...

marty lester
replies: 0 views: 312
marty lester 3 weeks ago

Hello colleagues, Apple and their update/upgrade policy is well known. You can be sure that with a software something does not...

ro1972
replies: 1 views: 266
philper 3 weeks ago

Just watched the first installment of the Orville on HULU and the sound and the sound effects were very well done. Congrats to...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 0 views: 284
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, We're in the process of planning out an upgrade to our audio suite at our game studio here in Brighton, UK and I...

DreamHarvest
replies: 6 views: 392
DreamHarvest 3 weeks ago

Hey everyone, for a lot of the features I'm working on these days, the productions are going the route of Atmos HT format for...

Leverson
replies: 7 views: 618
Leverson 3 weeks ago

Hi, it has been discussed here a couple of times, but as the newest post is almost 5 years old, I did not want to retrieve...

Kuba_Pietrzak
replies: 13 views: 2,451
Schmanuel 3 weeks ago

I wondered if anyone has had the same issue when conforming Pro Tools sessions using Ediload v4 - or knows what I could be doing...

whirl444
replies: 6 views: 653
mfranken 4 weeks ago

I'm not doing this in any professional capacity yet obviously, but if someone wants a 5.1 printmaster, what exactly does that...

SSELLC
replies: 2 views: 335
Leverson 4 weeks ago

Hello. I'm a bit new to the immersive audio space, and I'm experimenting with encoding Atmos mixes down to binaural by using the...

MocEcapsraeg
replies: 5 views: 564
Led 4 weeks ago
replies: - views: -
balky 4 weeks ago

I hope in the right thread.. ive been researching for days & I cannot find the answer to my specific problem, im using Logic...

monamia
replies: 8 views: 357
MAXX VADA 4 weeks ago

As we all know Atmos is the new cool thing even for mixing music, whether it takes or not for music in the future is something I...

Roloalcien
replies: 17 views: 1,148
kosmokrator 4 weeks ago

Are they ever coming back or are they discontinued? Has anyone heard anything? I'm considering upgrading my LCR if they become...

starcrash13
replies: 13 views: 1,188
Leverson 4 weeks ago

Hey everyone! So for the studio I work at, I engineered a 4hr session with an author, and a voiceover director, recording a...

Onfireee
replies: 10 views: 589
quadraphonics 26th May 2022

So on the current film I am working on, the dialogue is all over the place as far as quality goes. Some of it is basically...

EricWatkins
replies: 7 views: 961
huub 22nd May 2022

Does anybody know of any specs or 'best practice' advice from Instagram? What it does to audio is pretty criminal but I have to...

Deleted 68555ba
replies: 3 views: 1,895
WilliamFloresb 19th May 2022

I need some basic downmixing advice. My music projects are composed and mixed in 5.1 surround. A stereo mix is produced...

Resort Records
replies: 21 views: 1,388
Resort Records 17th May 2022

Hi! I'm going to work on a commercial with an old school "TV shop" feel from old 80s/90s shows. Do you have any tips...

pettah93
replies: 10 views: 819
jerry123 17th May 2022

Hey Everyone, I generally don't deal with separate nearfield mixes, and when those specs have come up in the past I can...

Travelers
replies: 27 views: 1,490
Branko 15th May 2022

Hi, So I was wondering what's everyone's thoughts about having a voice booth like studio bricks/ Whisperrooms? And fully...

SVH92900
replies: 3 views: 530
Brent Hahn 12th May 2022

Some 20 years ago I used a Fame/MFX system. Currently I am obviously on PT Ultimate and Nuendo but I ask myself if anyone follows...

Oliver.Lucas
replies: 30 views: 1,524
Thor 10th May 2022

Hi everyone, I just came back from a local imax theatre in our area and checked a commercial that I mixed and worked on with an...

cc284
replies: 7 views: 567
cc284 9th May 2022

Hi folks, anybody ever mixed for Instagram video / IGTV? A few forums mention they seem to covert to mono... maybe worth...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 6 views: 8,859
Victoriasecret 9th May 2022

I need to pan multichannel tracks in ProTools, for which Spanner is pretty much the perfect tool, but, it's one of the few...

adamscriv
replies: 26 views: 4,178
JSt0rm 6th May 2022

Moderators