Quantcast
Post Production Forum - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 130 views: 426,952
Andy Chan 28th April 2021

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 66 views: 95,278
dr.sound 13th December 2020

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 120,526
saemola 15th August 2016

Hi Guys. Working in a Doc here, I'm looking for some specifics crowd sounds of Spanish and French Soccer teams in the past few...

rcutz
replies: 1 views: 69
MBaron 2 hours ago

What is the most effective plug in for alignment? I always go through all tracks on shows that are 4-10 mics wide in the same...

SDDP
replies: 4 views: 189
TVPostSound 4 hours ago

Hi All, I have a similar post in the Location Audio area. My question is this: what should I charge for doing audio post for...

LoudNProud
replies: 3 views: 324
Thomas W. Bethe 9 hours ago

Hey everyone, I'm working on putting together a studio with a space for doing Dolby Atmos music and post mixing. I'm looking...

That_Violin_Guy
replies: 11 views: 793
Polyh3dron 10 hours ago

Hello! I'm from the newly founded post production company based in Sweden. As part of out business we are are creating and...

Sonorous Nordic
replies: 13 views: 749
nunrgguy 11 hours ago

Hi sound folks, Happy to share a new article about building a Foley...

kiddius
replies: 1 views: 193
WiseOleHaku 1 day ago

hi Here is two files, one no processed and one processed. Recorded on sm7b with cm-1 mic booster into scarlett 18in8 gain at...

foler
replies: 7 views: 652
foler 2 days ago

Hi there, I have a problem with my RX7 Dereverb plugin. I already spoke to the customer support, but they don´t know about...

Kreuzzwerg
replies: 6 views: 833
Kreuzzwerg 3 days ago

I just got an envelope matching plug-in called Envy that I’ve been using on everything - how am I just finding out about this...

breaktheory
replies: 35 views: 3,504
McWreckinBall 3 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,640 views: 302,134
subbasshead 3 days ago

Please, tell me, what techniques are used when it is necessary to "mix" speech for multichannel sound? I have a 7.1...

Musiccreator
replies: 19 views: 624
Wizzomixer 6 days ago

Hello, I have being doing more and larger projects that include on set recording and mixing for film and I am starting to run...

Idkpaulll
replies: 13 views: 376
Wizzomixer 6 days ago

Hi, I wonder whether a kind RX 8 user could confirm whether you are able to get the 'Leveler' module to work in the RX 8 Batch...

DeeJaySchmeeJay
replies: 0 views: 150
DeeJaySchmeeJay 6 days ago

So, Looking using the Apple Music program, I can stream Spatial Audio Dolby Atmos music. The files themselves don't download so...

mizzle
replies: 3 views: 246
NReichman 1 week ago

The new Focusrite R1 Controller looks nice. But would this be like a monitor controller, and would this be better than a...

hpmsound
replies: 15 views: 4,396
LDStudios 1 week ago

So a buddy of mine upgraded his studio and gave me his old Yamaha hs5 monitors and a Yamaha sub. Can I just hook them up to...

SSELLC
replies: 4 views: 288
Airon 1 week ago

I'm surprised nobody has chimed in on this one yet. I'm working on a doc with some pretty funky sounding interviews, so I'm going...

seanmccoy
replies: 12 views: 1,258
Airon 1 week ago

Do any of the DRC programs out there support surround setups (specifically 7.1.4)? Browsing through Sonarworks, Dirac and ARC...

mizzle
replies: 7 views: 518
rcutz 1 week ago

I ran across this video yesterday, very encouraging. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v5C7HIDMuY The guy lays out a very simple...

philper
replies: 2 views: 297
huub 1 week ago

What delivery format is given to post (of a film score) when the theatrical release will be in Dolby Atmos?

mizzle
replies: 13 views: 2,623
That_Violin_Guy 2 weeks ago

I started watching this series a week ago. The audio production is amazing. I am sorry but don't know who is doing this but -...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 3 views: 419
dr.sound 2 weeks ago

Anyone here use the DSP rack regularly? I’m curious to hear people’s rack templates if they use any. I occasionally throw...

breaktheory
replies: 2 views: 259
breaktheory 2 weeks ago

A client of mine is looking to possibly do some vo/narration in Sacramento, CA. The talent will be on a shoot in the vicinity....

mattiasnyc
replies: 6 views: 263
henryrobinett 2 weeks ago

I really would prefer not lugging around a PC to run Qsys designer when I have a good MacBookPro. Any suggestions on the...

ErikG
replies: 14 views: 438
dr.sound 3 weeks ago

Hello, I've been sent a recording recently, and this is full of diginoise. By the sound of it, my guess is it comes from a...

_barnee
replies: 33 views: 919
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Hi I'm looking for soundfx or foleys that sounds like something that passes by the camera very fast (sorry my english). Like...

krisbja
replies: 2 views: 262
nucelar 3 weeks ago

Assuming that the 7 bottom speakers and the 4 tops all need the sub, what is the best way of managing that? Should I mult the...

mizzle
replies: 5 views: 303
dr.sound 3 weeks ago

Hi there, Maybe someone in Europe knows who has laying around some speakers from the movie theater and is looking to sell? ...

STJU
replies: 0 views: 230
STJU 3 weeks ago

Netflix - Manifest ... anyone work on that series ?? i have a question about a Prop it is a Laptop Computer on the Captains...

jwh1192
replies: 10 views: 679
jwh1192 3 weeks ago

Hey, all. I have a client in the Sunland/Tujunga area who has converted a home into a multi-room recording studio, which I set up...

seanmccoy
replies: 14 views: 426
bmdaugherty 3 weeks ago

Hello good people to Gearspace! I'm trying to up my foley editing skills, so I've decided to download clips from movies where...

Chille
replies: 25 views: 948
Chille 4 weeks ago

Hi all, I've recently started to upgrade my Pro Tools system and have the following specs: Mac Pro 2012 (5,1) Pro Tools...

abes
replies: 28 views: 3,607
Chille 4 weeks ago

One of the more well-heeled LA advertising and post facilities has a job posting on Indeed for a Reality dialogue editor with...

Brent Hahn
replies: 29 views: 1,581
TVPostSound 4 weeks ago

Hi all, I figured this might be the best place to ask about this. I'm looking for a way to recreate the sound of "tuning a...

SeductiveNeptune
replies: 15 views: 583
Mundox 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone, The last time I had used a midi keyboard for sound editing was years ago and very briefly (just using a Kontakt...

cinetj
replies: 4 views: 365
cinetj 4 weeks ago

So I’ll start my saying that I already reached out to Steve @ Soundminer and unfortunately he said he was aware of the bug but...

breaktheory
replies: 4 views: 342
Andrew Mottl 21st June 2021

Check it out. https://acondigital.com/products/extract-dialogue/

Henchman
replies: 184 views: 15,839
saagedal 18th June 2021

It's been a long time since I was in the post world - last I worked at a post house, your SFX were from SFX CD-ROM libraries...

basehead617
replies: 5 views: 295
TVPostSound 15th June 2021

Got a little burnt recently down mixing 5.1 content to stereo. I’m exploring options in the downmix realm. Not sexy, but a...

postprosound
replies: 30 views: 2,739
Polyh3dron 15th June 2021

This is a bug that I see pop up from time to time, and still haven´t figured out how it happens: The problem: Sometimes when I...

tha_lode
replies: 7 views: 289
tha_lode 15th June 2021

Hi, I'm looking for a tool, a way, to convert a .csv (or any Excel format) into an .edl file. Thanks Fredo Temple Of...

Fredo
replies: 6 views: 2,846
mustafa119 14th June 2021

Hello, Is there a way with the S1 to select 8 contiguous tracks in your session and have those immediately mapped to the...

breaktheory
replies: 10 views: 659
cebolao 14th June 2021

Hi, I'm having trouble getting my system 5 to work. Sometimes it boots the MC software but most of the time is says...

MartieMcFly
replies: 8 views: 455
pentagon 14th June 2021

Hey all, we recently upgraded our machines to the new MacPros. HDX systems, running the latest PT version on MacOS...

kosmokrator
replies: 0 views: 202
kosmokrator 11th June 2021

Hi there, I learned Sadie about a year ago. Was working with audiobook production company. But mainly taught editing etc etc....

mogsy
replies: 1 views: 247
philper 11th June 2021

Any suggestions for what hi power sub to use with JBL 708P? I’m close to decision time on speaker choice for our...

ErikG
replies: 2 views: 335
kosmokrator 10th June 2021

Afternoon all. We have a 7.1.4 Atmos mix room up here, that we mainly use for mixing episodic, dramatic projects in Canada. I'm...

6foot4design
replies: 55 views: 8,979
Steven1145 5th June 2021

hi all, so i've landed my first decent gig, as a sound designer/composer. it's for a 3 part documentary series for TV, 55min...

samtastic
replies: 3 views: 678
NReichman 29th May 2021

7.1.4 speaker choices. 25m2 (270 sq ft) (physical size 30m2). I was thinking of going with the JBL 708i for the fronts and 705...

ErikG
replies: 29 views: 2,339
ucanhatemenow 28th May 2021

Hi all, What is the estimate for dialog editing for tv these days? 45-60 minutes action for major networks. All the...

yazoo
replies: 21 views: 1,481
Garret 27th May 2021

Moderators