Quantcast
Is This Fixable? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is This Fixable?
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Is This Fixable?

Hey folks, just wanted to put this out to the world to see what your opinion is on how useable this piece of dialogue is -I have been getting mixed results with various restoration tools but I wonder if anyone else can give their thoughts?
Attached Files

GIN Dialogue.mp3 (1.81 MB, 311 views)

Old 12th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I've heard much worse, but it depends on what this is for. It sounds like it's for an advert? I hear a bit of aliasing, but that might be because it's an mp3.

The noise shouldn't be too difficult to remove, but the room verb might be tricky. You won't get much of a voice over like punch, but mixed with music and backgrounds, it might cover up the lackluster quality.
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmouth Audio ➡️
Hey folks, just wanted to put this out to the world to see what your opinion is on how useable this piece of dialogue is -I have been getting mixed results with various restoration tools but I wonder if anyone else can give their thoughts?
I also heard much worse, but judging by the "underwater artifacts" this is a processed version, right? I have a feeling you could do better by first going through all the takes and frankenstein the best bits. THEN use RX3 in standalone mode and attack all the issues seperately.
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well its making me thirsty. If you haven't already I'd start with EQ and maybe C4 or something similar to see if you can cut down the fan noise pre-NR. If its going to have music behind it I'd lean towards the gentle side of reduction as the artifacts will be worse than the noise. Cedar, RX3 Dia Denoiser or WNS would help without nasty artifacts though again go gentle or you'll get pumping or lose too much of the body of his voice.
📝 Reply