Quantcast
IZotope RX 3 Dial Denoiser Stops Working - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IZotope RX 3 Dial Denoiser Stops Working
Old 4th March 2014
IZotope RX 3 Dial Denoiser Stops Working

Anyone else notice the Dial Denoiser randomly stops processing (even though it continues to pass audio) after you stop playback and restart.

It's intermittent but you have to hit play then quickly bypass it and un-bypass it to get it to start processing again. Very annoying when trying to print a reel or a spot that starts with Dialog in the first second.
Old 5th March 2014
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbmusicandpost ➡️
Anyone else notice the Dial Denoiser randomly stops processing (even though it continues to pass audio) after you stop playback and restart.

It's intermittent but you have to hit play then quickly bypass it and un-bypass it to get it to start processing again. Very annoying when trying to print a reel or a spot that starts with Dialog in the first second.
I would send an email to Izotope. They are very responsive when it comes to problem solving.
Old 5th March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I use the dialog denoiser daily and have never had an issue. I would also suggest contacting them.
Old 5th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Obvious question, but are you using the latest version?
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranerd ➡️
Obvious question, but are you using the latest version?
Yes I did update to the latest. That was my first suspicion but everything is up to date. I will consider contacting them. Thank you guys.
Old 13th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I don't know if this is related to the issue you are having, but I've found an inconsistency lies in the Auto/Manual button automation. Sometimes when playing back, the plugin forgets to switch into manual mode even when there is automation telling it to switch.

The workflow I've found to make it consistent is to write automation for the plugin to be set to manual mode for the entire length of the session before you start or in your template. Then if you ever want to switch into auto for it to get you a rough setting going or something, only do this while in preview or auto-suspend and make sure to switch back to manual before committing any automation.

That way when playing back it will just always stay in manual and won't screw you when it occasionally forgets to switch.

This bug seemed to exist in both RTAS and AAX versions.

Haven't tested this extensively in the most recent update maybe it is already fixed. But probably safest to just always keep it in manual all the time anyway.
Old 14th April 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Poor customer service from Izotope

Sadly I cannot agree about Izotope being good responding to complaints:

Months ago I bought iDrum, cannot use it as the iLok authorisation just won't work. E Mailed them, they replied referring to RX3 which I do not even own. Replied pointing out their error, never heard back. Months later still no iDrum. My iLok software is all up to date and I recently bought some Soundtoys plugins which are authorised on iLok with no problem, so Izotope have a problem they're not addressing.

Decided I might actually want to use the plug in I'd paid for so just recently got back to them regarding the inability to activate using iLok (all drivers etc up to date) no reply…I will never buy another plugin from them.

Now I know iDrum is a cheap plugin compared to their other offerings, but if this is how they treat customers, they're not a company I will deal with again. I own UA, Waves, SSL, and lots and lots of plugins from great small companies like DDMF, Tritone, Soundtoys etc, all of whom give excellent service and get repeat business. Not so Izotope.
Old 14th April 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I've had similar issues with Auto/Manual in that it intermittently starts writing automation at some breakpoints. I did the same thing by writing it into Manual mode for the whole session.

I've also had issues where it intermittently writes automation even after I've done the above. I haven't had a chance to properly test it out either though.

JR
Old 15th April 2014 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scardanelli ➡️
Sadly I cannot agree about Izotope being good responding to complaints:

Months ago I bought iDrum, cannot use it as the iLok authorisation just won't work. E Mailed them, they replied referring to RX3 which I do not even own. Replied pointing out their error, never heard back. Months later still no iDrum. My iLok software is all up to date and I recently bought some Soundtoys plugins which are authorised on iLok with no problem, so Izotope have a problem they're not addressing.

Decided I might actually want to use the plug in I'd paid for so just recently got back to them regarding the inability to activate using iLok (all drivers etc up to date) no reply…I will never buy another plugin from them.

Now I know iDrum is a cheap plugin compared to their other offerings, but if this is how they treat customers, they're not a company I will deal with again. I own UA, Waves, SSL, and lots and lots of plugins from great small companies like DDMF, Tritone, Soundtoys etc, all of whom give excellent service and get repeat business. Not so Izotope.
I have never encountered the problems you are describing. Most times my emails are answered within the day I send them. I have never had them not answer an email and they are pretty on top of knowing when any of their programs are having problems and are already working on a patch. Maybe because of the time difference??? they are not responding as quickly as they would to someone in the US? I would write the customer service department an email and tell them of the problems.

A GREAT company that is very user friendly.
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
This symptom is related to the "auto" mode. When in this mode, and doing a fair amount of NR, the plugin takes time for the "Floating" threshold to get back to where it needs to be. The previous poster's workflow of running in Manual, and switching to Auto while in automation preview works well. OR you just have to do enough pre-roll for the plugin to catch up.
📝 Reply