Quantcast
izotope RX3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
izotope RX3
Old 6th August 2013
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Jamie Mac's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
izotope RX3

RX3 is on the way.

I'm particularly interested in the real-time dialogue denoiser and the reverb reduction.


iZotope RX 3 | COMING SOON
Old 6th August 2013
  #2
Gear Maniac
 
Murasamee's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
They have my attention....
Old 6th August 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac ➡️
RX3 is on the way.

I'm particularly interested in the real-time dialogue denoiser and the reverb reduction.


iZotope RX 3 | COMING SOON
This can only be better. Wonder how it will compare with CEDAR DNS One.
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_lowe ➡️
This can only be better. Wonder how it will compare with CEDAR DNS One.
Standing by....

philp
Old 7th August 2013
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Smallbudgetguru's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
This will be amazing
Old 7th August 2013
  #6
Gear Head
This looks amazing!... I'm so glad now that I upgraded to the advanced version when it was half off, since I'm gonna want to have RX3 advance for the Dereverb module and the new real-time dialogue denoiser module.

I'm wondering how the dereverb module will compare with Unveil, if it's anywhere near as good that's another plug-in I can knock off my list of future purchases.

Looking forward to upgrading as soon as it comes out!
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus B ➡️
This looks amazing!... I'm so glad now that I upgraded to the advanced version when it was half off, since I'm gonna want to have RX3 advance for the Dereverb module and the new real-time dialogue denoiser module.

I'm wondering how the dereverb module will compare with Unveil, if it's anywhere near as good that's another plug-in I can knock off my list of future purchases.

Looking forward to upgrading as soon as it comes out!
Tom Lowe • 3 hours ago
The real-time denoiser will obviously be compared to Cedar's DNS One - wonder how it stacks up, will definitely delay purchasing Cedar now
•Edit•Reply•Share ›

Mike Thornton Team Tom Lowe • 3 hours ago
I have heard it, It will be worth waiting for.
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #8
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_lowe ➡️
Tom Lowe • 3 hours ago
The real-time denoiser will obviously be compared to Cedar's DNS One - wonder how it stacks up, will definitely delay purchasing Cedar now
•Edit•Reply•Share ›

Mike Thornton Team Tom Lowe • 3 hours ago
I have heard it, It will be worth waiting for.
Ha! just saw that at pt expert after posting here! ... also saw this:


Johannes_O • 5 hours ago ?
Very intrigued to hear how the de-verb stands up to UnVeil!
•Reply•Share ›

Russ Hughes Team Johannes_O • 4 hours ago
Have heard it - it's amazing!

Can't wait!
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #9
Gear Maniac
 
Murasamee's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_lowe ➡️
Tom Lowe • 3 hours ago
The real-time denoiser will obviously be compared to Cedar's DNS One - wonder how it stacks up, will definitely delay purchasing Cedar now
•Edit•Reply•Share ›

Mike Thornton Team Tom Lowe • 3 hours ago
I have heard it, It will be worth waiting for.
Wow...thats a pretty bold statement! Now I am SUPER curious to check this out. I was in the process of saving up for DNS One...but if RX3 turns out to be comparable (or...better), I might have to rethink my position!

Excited!
Old 7th August 2013
  #10
Gear Maniac
 
will_gates00000's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Please let me get rid of WNS..... PLEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #11
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_lowe ➡️
This can only be better. Wonder how it will compare with CEDAR DNS One.
Mike Thornton wrote a post about RX 3. He said that he has "heard it and it's worth waiting for".
Check it out here:
iZotope Announce RX3 WIth New Modules And AAX 64 Bit For Pro Tools
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #12
Lives for gear
 
jrhager84's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_lowe ➡️
This can only be better. Wonder how it will compare with CEDAR DNS One.
As an FYI, while I was doing research, I found that Izotope actually paid Cedar for licensing of their Retouch algos and such. In other words, they very may well be birds of the same feather... Just sayin'
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Henchman's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by samplezero ➡️
Mike Thornton wrote a post about RX 3. He said that he has "heard it and it's worth waiting for".
Check it out here:
iZotope Announce RX3 WIth New Modules And AAX 64 Bit For Pro Tools
I'll believe it when I hear it.
The same was said about WNS from waves, and it didn't come close.
Old 7th August 2013
  #14
Lives for gear
 
jrhager84's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman ➡️
I'll believe it when I hear it.
The same was said about WNS from waves, and it didn't come close.
Yes, but let's compare track records between waves and izotope... Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
Old 7th August 2013
  #15
Lives for gear
 
BIGBANGBUZZ's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Hope the the de noiser has improved, It's the only function I don't use in rx2. As I don't at all like the artefacts it makes

Sent from my GT-N7000
Old 7th August 2013
  #16
Lives for gear
 
jrhager84's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBANGBUZZ ➡️
Hope the the de noiser has improved, It's the only function I don't use in rx2. As I don't at all like the artefacts it makes

Sent from my GT-N7000
RX or advanced? I get great results after tweaking in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
Old 7th August 2013
  #17
Lives for gear
 
BIGBANGBUZZ's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
WNS and W43 sound better than izotopes de noiser.
Of course I love Izotope rx2 declip and spectral.

Sent from my GT-N7000
Old 7th August 2013
  #18
Lives for gear
 
JSt0rm's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
looking good. Only thing is I wish rx2 was getting aax 64bit
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #19
Lives for gear
 
jrhager84's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSt0rm ➡️
looking good. Only thing is I wish rx2 was getting aax 64bit
It's been said that it will be 64bit.
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #20
Lives for gear
 
JSt0rm's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhager84 ➡️
It's been said that it will be 64bit.
They are still going to upgrade rx2 to aax 64 bit?
Old 7th August 2013
  #21
Lives for gear
 
jrhager84's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSt0rm ➡️
They are still going to upgrade rx2 to aax 64 bit?
That's what I was told.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
Old 7th August 2013
  #22
Lives for gear
 
Jamie Mac's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
What I think is strange is that the product demo's voice over is so badly done.

It sound very much denoised, and not particularly in a way that advertises the product very well...
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #23
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
[QUOTE=BIGBANGBUZZ;9306813]WNS and W43 sound better than izotopes de noiser.
Of course I love Izotope rx2 declip and spectral.

I use WNS more than RX2, but RX2 still has some great features
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #24
Lives for gear
 
pethenis's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac ➡️
What I think is strange is that the product demo's voice over is so badly done.

It sound very much denoised, and not particularly in a way that advertises the product very well...
Was thinking the same thing, but I thought it was the new de-verb feature. I recognize RX denoise artifacts, but this sounds more gated in a way.
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #25
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by samplezero ➡️
Mike Thornton wrote a post about RX 3. He said that he has "heard it and it's worth waiting for".
Check it out here:
iZotope Announce RX3 WIth New Modules And AAX 64 Bit For Pro Tools
Look at my previous post!
Old 7th August 2013
  #26
GS Community Manager
 
Whitecat's Avatar
If anyone's got the track record to do something as good as CEDAR it's probably iZotope, so I await with bated breath... but that said, I'm with Hench, will believe it when I hear it. If they do succeed, that's going to be a pretty good sized headache for CEDAR - wonder if the price on the DNS ONE plugin would come down a lot. But if they don't succeed, they will join a litany of pretenders. CEDAR holds a pretty esteemed mantle for a reason.

On that note, I also think WNS was a major disappointment, although it can be useful for other denoising tasks, I get far more mileage out of W43 on problematic DX than WNS.
Old 7th August 2013 | Show parent
  #27
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBANGBUZZ ➡️
WNS and W43 sound better than izotopes de noiser.
Of course I love Izotope rx2 declip and spectral.

Sent from my GT-N7000
They're very different beasts. I'd not use WNS for restoring an old film soundtrack. If you're getting bad artefacts from RX2 you're doing something very wrong.
Old 7th August 2013
  #28
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
This is exciting stuff! I believe that all of iZotope's produces provide superb value for money, so am excited to see and hear how RX3 works in action.
Old 7th August 2013
  #29
Lives for gear
 
Bill@AudioVision's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I like that iZotope produces product for all platforms - DNS One is Protools only. Believe it or not, there are a few of us that use something else...
Old 7th August 2013
  #30
Lives for gear
 
oudplayer's Avatar
 
3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
RX 2 advanced was/is very good - with a clear noise profile, I easily get 10dB noise reduction without artifacts after fiddling around with a few settings. Looking forward to RX3!
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 295 views: 76091
Avatar for anguswoodhead
anguswoodhead 26th March 2013
replies: 1296 views: 185950
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
replies: 762 views: 95405
Avatar for Deleted 2c0affd80e87ff6
Deleted 2c0affd80e87ff6 18th May 2021
replies: 129 views: 20957
Avatar for bam_sound
bam_sound 30th May 2021
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump