JBL LSR4328 audio drop out? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
JBL LSR4328 audio drop out?
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
JBL LSR4328 audio drop out?

Had a couple of odd experiences recently with a JBL LSR4328 5.1 set

While playing back there would be an odd drop out where the speakers just cut sound for a split second and then its usually followed a few seconds later by another instance. I know its not my interface or monitor controller because the sub is still rumbling away (we run the system bass managed)

we are not pushing them very hard so I know we arent kicking in a protection circuit or anything.

It happens maybe once every couple months that I notice. they have the latest firmware.
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yep. I installed my JBL 5.1 system just a couple of weeks ago, and on two separate occasions I heard a speaker go silent, or even weirder, I heard a speaker turn off the mid-range driver. Both times it was soon after I had changed inputs using the remote, or after I had used their crash-prone software to tweak something. The system seems solid once it settles.

For those of you who don't know the system intimately, the fact that the JBL software crashes has no impact on the speakers and their performance. The software lets you get a glimpse of the saved settings (eq, delay, bass management, level trims, etc.) which are reliably stored in the speakers themselves. There's no need to leave that app running while you work.

In conclusion, for a system that sounds as good and in some ways better than the Genelec 8040 series, and costs half, you can't complain...
Old 31st January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
The LSRs are great speakers for the $, but the software is the WORST! Crashes all the time

I have had them go out with power surges/dips when all the rest of the gear stayed on
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yes they are very sensitive To power issues. Also the older models crapped out totally if connected digitally to PT as PT sends out quite a bit of crap until the session is loaded.
📝 Reply