The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Sound FX Library releases
Old 14th June 2022 | Show parent
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Kentucky: Active Nature

In Kentucky: Active Nature, get a collection of the energetic ambiences from the forests and meadows of the American South. Hear the lively sounds of spring songbirds, frogs, and crickets as the longer spring days fuel the ecosystem. Hear Barred Owl rap battles and dueling coyote packs. Hear the sweet singing of Wood Thrush and resonant ribbits of chorusing spring frogs. Hear visceral branch creaks and the lush 30+ minute dawn choruses.

This library is packed full of tracks with vibrant flora and fauna from the lively spring landscapes of Kentucky. This area of the Eastern US is swamped with noise pollution, so it is extremely difficult to record nature. Over 95% of the recordings I made on this trip were ruined by noise. Thankfully I was still able to capture some lovely soundscapes in that remaining 5%. Thanks for listening.

Get the full info here: https://thomasrexbeverly.com/collect...-active-nature
Old 14th June 2022 | Show parent
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Nature Roomtones: Grasslands

In Nature Roomtones: Grasslands, get a collection of ambiences from the high altitude grasslands of New Mexico. Hear wildlife-free, natural roomtones from 25 different perspectives perfect for atmospheric beds in meadows, prairies, or savannas. Hear sonorous winds whisping across calderas and the low ominous drones of distant Ponderosa Pines. Hear blades swishing with airy tones and Parry's Oatgrass stalks actually whistling in the wind! Hear the resounding amplifier of a caldera made by an ancient volcanic eruption and eerie wind drones only made by landscapes straight out of the wild American West.

This library offers you an extensive collection of ambiences with sparse flora and zero fauna. I hope you enjoy the beautifully subtle character of these almost silent natural spaces.

RECORDING STORIES:
  • Often, when watching movies you'll hear ominous wind whistles in scenes with pure nature. Wind whistles like that don't exist in most natural spaces! Those eerie whistles are usually created as wind blows through wires.
  • That said, I finally found some naturally occurring "whistles". There is a tall grass in New Mexico called Parry's Oatgrass with a long stalk of 1-2 meters. The key to the whistling is the density of the oatgrass. It grows in separate bundles and not as one continuous field of grass.
  • These tall exposed stalks have enough space between that they actually whistle! It is not as pronounced as a wire whistle but you definitely get a rising and drop in pitch with each gust of wind.
  • I placed my mics at the base of the grass bundles, then I built small wind walls using snow to protect mics from gusts. In this way I was able to capture the whistling oatgrass just above the mics!
  • Many grassland recordings made in winter overwhelm the listener with an abrasive dry hiss. I don't enjoy hearing that hiss as the only element of a soundscape, so my solution was to find high altitude meadows that border forests of Ponderosa Pine. The deep, buttery smooth sound of long-needled Ponderosas mixes with the swish and whistles of the oatgrass to make a perfectly tuned wind soundscape that I have grown to love. I hope you enjoy listening.

24-hour release sale. Get the full info here: https://thomasrexbeverly.com/product...nes-grasslands
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years

New HISSandaROAR library released: SD053 WATER MODULATIONS
A multitrack library exploring water, above & below surface
659 x 24bit 96kHz WAV Files 13.83GB

https://hissandaroar.com/v3/soundlib...r-modulations/

This library began as a side quest from a DIY project: installing an outdoor bath in my backyard.
I soon realised it had potential for SFX recording, since being exterior there was no
bathroom verb to contend with. But I was further motivated by adding the primary modulation source
for this new water library: COMPRESSED AIR!

My new air compressor provides an endless supply of air bubbles, which can be controlled and performed.
From blasts and bursts to sustained eruptions, variations were performed using a range of nozzles
and air tools. Constricted air flow was also explored, using rubber and plastic as well as my fingers,
to perform shrieks and groans with almost a vocal quality.

Thanks to some well-timed requests, I next explored gross, sloppy sounds by collecting up seaweed & kelp
from the beach and filling the bath with them. Both manually moving them and blowing air bubbles
into them proved useful, and I also splattered them on concrete. Following on from these,
the leather remnants from SOFA SMASH were used, performing flicks, flaps & hits...

Next focus was to capture a range of more normal EXT water splashes, pours, splats and dribbles
before filling the bath and having a soak, while recording myself performing bath movements
- arm & leg lifts, drops and lots of smaller moves.

The strangest sounds in this new library were modulated by fireworks released underwater,
especially ground blooms which spin like crazy, but I also managed to successfully fire some
sky rockets into the bath, without damaging the bath or me.

The final recording for the library occurred late in the process, when I realised the Tank Resonator
would provide interesting resonance. So I filled it with water, carefully hung the mics inside it
and performed a range of air bubbles, clean as well as constricted capturing some
creature vocals that make me think of a very angry taniwha.

Recorded multitrack with a stereo pair MKH8040, a mono MKH8050 as well as a pair of Aquarian H2a hydrophones,
this library augments previously recorded useful foley-like water sounds in SD007 WATER FOLEY
and more extreme sounds with a water blaster for SD024 LIQUIDS.

Delivered as 659 x 24bit/96kHz .WAV files with photos and UCS metadata.
Check out the new library (7.34GB download โ€ข 13.56GB decompressed)

NOTE: For 33% Early Bird Discount please use coupon code: "AIR"
Discount expires July 10th.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
HISSandaROAR FX013 PLASMA BALL EMF
This mini library started as a listening test for EMF Sensors, comparing the LOM Elektrosluch 3+ and a SOMA Ether
as well as a borrowed LOM Priezor. The prop used to test is a Plasma Ball, basically a tiny Tesla Coil, but little
did I know my Plasma Ball also has a 'sound activated' mode, and late one night I discovered I could get it to feedback!
Check the vid to see & hear what I mean...

Check out the new library
FX013 PLASMA BALL EMF 198 x 24bit 96k WAV files 3.84GB
https://hissandaroar.com/v3/soundlib...asma-ball-emf/

NOTE: this library has an early bird discount of 50% off, as our 12th Birthday Sale starts in two weeks
& nothing sucks more than buying something only to find it on sale a week or two later!

๐Ÿ“ Reply