The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Colin Broad PD-1
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Colin Broad PD-1

Hey all,

Anyone have any experience with the Colin Broad PD-1 Pec/DIRECT? I'm working on a project where one might be appropriate. Wondering if any of you guys got to play with one yet!

CB Electronics - PD-1 Pec-Direct Remote for DAW's

Thanks
Peter
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I'd love to hear some experiences of this unit as well. Any difficulties in use or setup? In practical use, how does it compare to 'regular' paddles on a large format console? Does it work as advertised?
Old 17th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I've used one for a while now, and all I can say is that it is rock solid, never been one problem and they make life much easier when stemming to a recorder. I have mine set up to shoot Dx, Mx, Fx, Bg, Fol, 5.1 PM and a LtRt at the same time. They're pretty simple to set up and punching in and out works just like any other large format desk. I've also used them on the Icon stages at WB where they have 3 separate PD-1's (dx,fx,mx) working in tandem. Each mixer can control his own stems, or the whole lot from one PD-1. The one thing is that they are a stand alone box, I have mine set up on that slide desktop thing digi makes for the Icon. It isn't a deal breaker by any means, but it sits atop my faders, and I slide it out of the way when I need to. Maybe down the road digi will make space to incorporate it proper like in the center section.

anyhow, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

my 2 bits worth

-craig henighan
Old 18th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Thanks Craig!

On your system do you have separate record and playback machines or are you all in one box?

Glad to hear a favorable review.

Peter
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Hey Peter!.. I use 3 machines in multimode on the D Control. 2 players, 1 recorder. The recorder is HD2, nothing fancy, bunch of templates built, so when I work, no matter mixing or editing, I'm monitoring through the recorder, just incase I need to shoot a quick something or other for pix dept. I can record it quickly.

hope this helps!

cheers

-craig
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Henighan ➑️
Hey Peter!.. I use 3 machines in multimode on the D Control. 2 players, 1 recorder. The recorder is HD2, nothing fancy, bunch of templates built, so when I work, no matter mixing or editing, I'm monitoring through the recorder, just incase I need to shoot a quick something or other for pix dept. I can record it quickly.

hope this helps!

cheers

-craig
That's exactly what I want to do in my install! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Peter
πŸ“ Reply