Quantcast
Euphonix Fusion - quality of DSP? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Euphonix Fusion - quality of DSP?
Old 30th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Euphonix Fusion - quality of DSP?

Can anyone offer an opinion on the quality of the Fusion's EQ and Dynamics? Going on previous Euphonix releases I'm assuming it's pretty good, but it would be good to hear views from anyone who has used the desk in anger.

Thanks
Old 30th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have a S5 Fusion for film mixing. I'm really happy with both the EQ and the comp. The Fusion has the exact same DSP racks and cards as the new System5 desks (which use the DF66 or DF70 DSP racks vs the older DF64 racks).
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1145 ➑️
I have a S5 Fusion for film mixing. I'm really happy with both the EQ and the comp. The Fusion has the exact same DSP racks and cards as the new System5 desks (which use the DF66 or DF70 DSP racks vs the older DF64 racks).
Well, the Euph consoles I've mixed on all sounded fabulous, going back to the very first ones.....

Philip Perkins
Old 31st January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks - that's good to hear. Next week will be fun after all
Old 31st January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Are you going to mix at Second Sense? In any case, the S5 is a great desk to mix on. Very user friendly.
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1145 ➑️
Are you going to mix at Second Sense? In any case, the S5 is a great desk to mix on. Very user friendly.
Not Second Sense, and I won't be driving the desk - it's just good to have my (obviously baseless) fears laid to rest though.
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
My two pence worth...

I'd say it's as good as a DFC. Early on, make sure you find the switch for avg/peak detection on the dynamics. Filters are fixed slope of -12dB/oct and you get two of them per channel. At the risk of being accused of hi-fi salesman speak; the EQ sounds natural.

Oh, bus processing used to be a bit naff. They may have fixed it in newer versions but we got in to the habit of just putting spare "channels" across the inserts of the bus to get full processing where needed.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…