film transfer to NTSC...workflow question - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
film transfer to NTSC...workflow question
Old 28th January 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
film transfer to NTSC...workflow question

Hi all
I am doing a film tvc next week that is being shot at 24fps and then is being transfered to NTSC.I work in PAL and am a little unsure of what I should set my sample rate and t/c rate to....Any info appreciated
Regards
tony

The email I have recieved as to what is happening in the transfer.
"We will be doing a 23.98 fps film transfer on the Spirit to NTSC digi beta with 30 frame timecode (non drop frame)."
Old 28th January 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
That 30fps is actually 29.97. So set your session to that, and work at 48kHz. Chances are if it is a commercial the audio will already be pulled down by the time it reaches you.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou โžก๏ธ
That 30fps is actually 29.97. So set your session to that, and work at 48kHz. Chances are if it is a commercial the audio will already be pulled down by the time it reaches you.
Sorry It was late when I typed I am recording the location audio for this shoot and am not absolutely sure about the t/c, sample rate.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
If it's staying on digibeta, and won't be transferred back to film, then your production audio should be 48k with a pull-up, so that it is an even 48k when it is telecined to video.

Your timecode for production audio should be 30fps, so that it is 29.97 for video.
Old 29th January 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Thanks for that......its for tv in the USA as opposed to cinema.
ant
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…