The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The sound for ANDOR on Disney + is very well done...
Old 26th September 2022
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
The sound for ANDOR on Disney + is very well done...

I just watched the first three episodes of ANDOR and the audio is VERY well done. CONGRATS to the crew! The dialog mix, the SFX and the music are all recorded and mixed well.

It seems that Disney + has a lot of well done audio for shows lately.

FWIW
Old 28th September 2022

🎧 10 years
I don't know. Yes it sounds good, dial nice sfx good but I can't get my head around the use of objects / height channels. I thought my receiver what broken for a second. They missed some obvious panning. Why, when ships pass overhead, do they not pan the ship overhead? To the best of my observation, I am only hearing establishing amb in the height channels. Minimal LFE too but I'm going to let that go. They may be protecting against poorly cal'ed rooms.
Old 3rd October 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncross ➑️
I don't know. Yes it sounds good, dial nice sfx good but I can't get my head around the use of objects / height channels. I thought my receiver what broken for a second. They missed some obvious panning. Why, when ships pass overhead, do they not pan the ship overhead? To the best of my observation, I am only hearing establishing amb in the height channels. Minimal LFE too but I'm going to let that go. They may be protecting against poorly cal'ed rooms.
"They may be protecting against poorly cal'ed rooms".

Your observations are noted BUT Skywalkers room are calibrated by one of the finest guys in the Industry. Their rooms are phenomenal! Their work is amazing. Subjective choices are understandable but your quote above holds no merit .

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.sound ➑️
"They may be protecting against poorly cal'ed rooms".

Your observations are noted BUT Skywalkers room are calibrated by one of the finest guys in the Industry. Their rooms are phenomenal! Their work is amazing. Subjective choices are understandable but your quote above holds no merit .
I was talking about consumer replay systems not Skywalker's dubstages.
Old 3rd October 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Then why don't I ask the Mixer about your observations and see what he says?
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncross ➑️
I am listening in stereo...not surround.
Old 4th October 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
All of the D+ Star Wars shows have sounded great. Top notch work all around.
Old 9th October 2022

🎧 10 years
I just watched the first 3 myself. The sound is good. I suspect each of the imperial actors have two SDC's in there pockets that are supposed to be the key cylinders. Clever.

The story is not nearly as fun as the Mandalorian. With that series just about every one had a point where I would think "That is fricking cool". Andor is not having the same effect on me.
Old 10th October 2022 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegentdrum ➑️
I just watched the first 3 myself. The sound is good. I suspect each of the imperial actors have two SDC's in there pockets that are supposed to be the key cylinders. Clever.

The story is not nearly as fun as the Mandalorian. With that series just about every one had a point where I would think "That is fricking cool". Andor is not having the same effect on me.
The speed of the story in ANDOR leaves much to be desired. I guess they are still finding their way. I agree that the Mandalorian is by far a better series. I really am amazed at how good the sound is for all of these series. I listen in stereo and I am simply amazed at the quality and the depth they can get in simple stereo. Kudos to the audio people...Keep up the GREAT work.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…