The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Protools 2022.6 and dolby atmos
Old 3rd July 2022
Here for the gear
Protools 2022.6 and dolby atmos

I have a doubt with the new PT 2022.6, is DAPS necessary? Or can you work and export natively in Protools without the Dolby Atmos Production Suite?
Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaguen ➡️
I have a doubt with the new PT 2022.6, is DAPS necessary? Or can you work and export natively in Protools without the Dolby Atmos Production Suite?
Thanks
It is still necessary.
Old 3rd July 2022
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Yes, it is still necessary. You can mix in 7.1.2 in Pro Tools Ultimate (or whatever the new branding for it is called), but that is not actually Dolby Atmos, and you can't get any of the Atmos properties, objects, individual ceiling channels, renders, etc without either the DAPS or the DAMS (or I suppose the theatrical RMU).

You could PREP a session without any of the Dolby add-ons, but you could not properly mix or export without the Dolby suites, currently.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by huub ➡️
It is still necessary.
huub,
I'm trying to get an Atmos track out... and have not used Atmos since 2017.

So, plan to mix in headphones, but I've not been able to get past the setup. I can't get the Renderer to reflect any of my outputs.

Just downloaded the Free version of Atmos and using my PT Ultimate 2020.5.0

Followed several tutorials, and have hit up avid and Dolby for help ad Nothing.

Can you or anyone else you know help me?

Thanks
Bob
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Is your ProTools I/O matching the the Renderer layout? Renderer added and active in Peripherals setup? Busses connected to renderer mapping in I/O setup?
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaxmw ➡️
Is your ProTools I/O matching the the Renderer layout? Renderer added and active in Peripherals setup? Busses connected to renderer mapping in I/O setup?
All was set up properly. We discovered that since I did NOT Give the Renderer access to my microphone (I have a tower), it would not allow anything to flow.

Once I changed that, all is OK.. Now, I just need to figure out how to automate in the panner and how to get level to the LFE...
!!!!!!
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Bob ➡️
All was set up properly. We discovered that since I did NOT Give the Renderer access to my microphone (I have a tower), it would not allow anything to flow.
The operating system asks the user this question in behalf of all applications using CoreAudio I/O. Unfortunately the way the question is phrased is very misleading if you are using an external interface.
📝 Reply