The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Your last “how did I live without this” plug-in
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Your last “how did I live without this” plug-in

I just got an envelope matching plug-in called Envy that I’ve been using on everything - how am I just finding out about this now!?

What’s the last great/game changing plug-in purchase you’ve made?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Auto Align Post is still probably the biggest paradigm shifting plug ever for me. Cinematic Rooms Pro really rounded out my reverb collection (since I don't have Altiverb). Most recently Acon Extract:Dialogue has been a big deal for commercial work.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan01 ➡️
Auto Align Post is still probably the biggest paradigm shifting plug ever for me. Cinematic Rooms Pro really rounded out my reverb collection (since I don't have Altiverb). Most recently Acon Extract:Dialogue has been a big deal for commercial work.
I agree with your choices! I was lucky enough to be part of the Beta Team on
"Auto Align Post" and Liquidsonics "Cinematic Rooms".
I am quite enjoying "Acon Dialog Extract".
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Auto Align Post and Acon Digital Extract.
Cant live without.

Second, is the Fabfilter line. Q2 C2 L2 and MB
Never realized how bad the dialog clarity suffered with Avid Pro Compressor, Pro Limiter, and Pro MB,
until I switched over to Fabfilter.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Auto Align Post and Undertone.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Auto-align Post. I
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVPostSound ➡️
Auto Align Post and Acon Digital Extract.
Cant live without.

Second, is the Fabfilter line. Q2 C2 L2 and MB
Never realized how bad the dialog clarity suffered with Avid Pro Compressor, Pro Limiter, and Pro MB,
until I switched over to Fabfilter.
I’ve been playing a the fabfilter trial a bit and know it’s on most mix stages - do you use it much for FX editorial?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Also since the wave bundles are now so cheap is there anything out there people are still using? Is it worth $180 for gold bundle?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Auto-Align Post, Undertone and Defaulter
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
My first ones UBK 1 VCC and Clariphonic. I realized I could get “that sound” from plug ins...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Adaptiverb by Zynaptic - it really is as advertised.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just discovered Soothe2, by Oek. Had to find a way of controlling very shrill voices for the animated feature I was mixing. Where were you all this time, oh lovely tool of not-only-deess-functionality!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1145 ➡️
Just discovered Soothe2, by Oek. Had to find a way of controlling very shrill voices for the animated feature I was mixing. Where were you all this time, oh lovely tool of not-only-deess-functionality!
It's also killer for room reasonances from home recordings. A life saver.
Old 4 weeks ago
ocs
Here for the gear

Not exactly a plugin, per se, but I just used Matchbox by Cargo Cult for the first time to reconform a project that would have been days of manual reconforming otherwise. Pretty sure seeing it reassemble the whole project in six minutes added years back to my life.

I still kind of can't believe it. I'm expecting to open the session up and realize I dreamed it. The XMLs I used to do the reconform were so disorganized too, it really is like magic.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaktheory ➡️
I’ve been playing a the fabfilter trial a bit and know it’s on most mix stages - do you use it much for FX editorial?
Everyone needs a limiter!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Acon Extract Dialogue has had more impact on my workflow and quality than any other plugin in a number of years. Previous winners are Izotope's De-Plosive and Mouth De-Click, and Zynaptiq's Unveil.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocs ➡️
Not exactly a plugin, per se, but I just used Matchbox by Cargo Cult for the first time to reconform a project that would have been days of manual reconforming otherwise. Pretty sure seeing it reassemble the whole project in six minutes added years back to my life.

I still kind of can't believe it. I'm expecting to open the session up and realize I dreamed it. The XMLs I used to do the reconform were so disorganized too, it really is like magic.
Yes those Cargo Cult guys are brilliant!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Tokyo Dawn Nova GE. It's my go to EQ, plosive removal and de-esser all in one.

Edit: Oh and great for room resonances too. Saw someone mention that for Soothe.

Last edited by sirjuxtable; 4 weeks ago at 05:53 PM.. Reason: room resonances
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Liquidsonics Cinematic Rooms is really good fit all to post reverb. Using it in everything.
Ediload froms sounds in sync. I can’t imagine my workflow (from assembly, comform or re-conform) without it.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
SSL Native blundle.
I've used plugins for in-the-box for over 20 years, and lots of SSL emulations, now I feel I have the sound of a real desk. Never too late. And cheap. They had a sale a few months ago.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have recently gotten into the Soundflow app for creating automation(task) workflows in and around work.

Might not be for everyone, but for those of us who do variations of the same set of tasks everyday, it is very nice.

The fab-filter EQ, DS and MB are fantastic as well.

Randall

Quote:
I just got an envelope matching plug-in called Envy that I’ve been using on everything - how am I just finding out about this now!?

What’s the last great/game changing plug-in purchase you’ve made?
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonics ➡️
I have recently gotten into the Soundflow app for creating automation(task) workflows in and around work.

Might not be for everyone, but for those of us who do variations of the same set of tasks everyday, it is very nice.

The fab-filter EQ, DS and MB are fantastic as well.

Randall
Soundflow was really helpful for certain things - I had a subscription for a while just for the ability to search markers - going to sign up again soon and see how it plays with the stream deck
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Radium in Soundminer, Tonstrum's Traveller for dopplers and Soundflow.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't have a stream deck yet. I use an iPad, but the functionality that was previously just for the Streamdeck has been ported over to the iPad. Folders work, switching to new decks work, modifiers on buttons work.

Randall

Quote:
Soundflow was really helpful for certain things - I had a subscription for a while just for the ability to search markers - going to sign up again soon and see how it plays with the stream deck
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
1. Auto Align Post
This has been discussed here a lot. Perfect for getting LAVs and Booms to match in perfect sync.

2. MautoDynamicEQ
This plugin has an amazing sonogram view that (if you take down the threshhold to -140dB or so) lets you visualize buzzes and high frequency noises like RX, but caan be used quickly in ProTools for surgical quick fixes of audio.
It also has an amazing dynamic EQ that is useful for de-essing.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver.Lucas ➡️
1. Auto Align Post
This has been discussed here a lot. Perfect for getting LAVs and Booms to match in perfect sync.

2. MautoDynamicEQ
This plugin has an amazing sonogram view that (if you take down the threshhold to -140dB or so) lets you visualize buzzes and high frequency noises like RX, but caan be used quickly in ProTools for surgical quick fixes of audio.
It also has an amazing dynamic EQ that is useful for de-essing.
I’ve been hearing so much about auto align post I almost want to get into dialogue editing
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I’ve been hearing so much about auto align post I almost want to get into dialogue editing
Before I started really mixing, I was editing SFX.
Called a mixer for some work, he told me SFX editors are a dime a dozen,
DX editors are worth their weight in gold.
I bought John Purcells book, along with what I already knew, I then got 3 films in a row to edit DX.
That was the biggest step to getting my mixing chops.

Thats my story YMMV.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I am trying to transition from mixing to dialogue editing.

I have read that book multiple times. Great advice.

Also, my six year old is brought to tears from laughing at Nailed it. Good work.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVPostSound ➡️
Before I started really mixing, I was editing SFX.
Called a mixer for some work, he told me SFX editors are a dime a dozen,
DX editors are worth their weight in gold.
I bought John Purcells book, along with what I already knew, I then got 3 films in a row to edit DX.
That was the biggest step to getting my mixing chops.

Thats my story YMMV.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I couldn't live without the old Fabfilter plugins to be honest.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I appreciated Auto Align Post today trying to get a decent sound out of two really average sounding mics. Worked a treat.
Fastest way to sample align your sources.
It's not a case of "how did I live without.." but something like thank you for today.
📝 Reply