The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DMS3DS by Daniel Meuser
Old 27th March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
DMS3DS by Daniel Meuser

What happens if you lock down a graduated Sound Designer for 6 months? Correct, he starts building his own 3D Audio Recording Array! I´m thrilled to introduce to you the DMS3DS by Daniel Meuser. This medium sized array was build with versatility in mind without sacrificing on sound quality. It can be carried and operated by a single person setup quickly to be able to record the most cinematic sounding 3d-Audio for the most demanding Atmos, Auro-3D or VR projects.

Right now I can't give any infos or provide test recordings jet, but stay tuned for that (and sry for blurring out some components)! Hit me up under [email protected] if you think that your project could benefit from this amazing new 3D-Audio array.
Attached Thumbnails
DMS3DS by Daniel Meuser-dms3dsbydme.jpg  

Last edited by TJP; 27th March 2021 at 01:02 PM..
Old 29th March 2021
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I'm intrigued. Looking at the photo, I'm assuming you have a DMS array at the top, and a spaced 5.0 array at the bottom. I'm interested to hear how you address the potential phase issues going to VR (ambisionic) in combining coincident array recordings with spaced. Please do post a link to a recording made with this rig, I'd love to hear the results. Also interesting would be to hear about your workflow with this mic system, assuming you end up with 8 channels in a recording, which tools are you encoding the various output formats with?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Finally got the time to present my DMS3DS in a proper way: http://dms3ds.com/
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
All infos can be found there. It`s always a bit risky to go public with your diy-projects, but I hope you like it. Also let me know what you think about the reasoning on the design choice.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I've added demos to the DMS3DS page. feel free to check them out! http://dms3ds.com
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…