Quantcast
How to post music video quality on Instagram? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How to post music video quality on Instagram?
Old 9th November 2020
Here for the gear
How to post music video quality on Instagram?

Hey guys, I’m a singer/songwriter and I’d like to learn how to post videos of me playing while the sound quality is like a finished recording. I see musicians playing and singing into their high quality tube mics and posting the video like it’s a high quality music video. I have no idea how they do that. I bought a shure motive mv88 mic for my iPhone but the sound quality is still not like a professional recording obviously. I have GarageBand and apogee duet 2 for recording. Is there a way I can sync up a fully mastered song with a video of me playing?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Instagram has a lot of software problems, and the biggest is video quality compression. Many have been complaining about this problem for several years, but Instagram does not change any algorithms. Nevertheless, many continue to use Instagram. I have been working as an SMM marketer for 15 months, and during this period, I started using third-party platforms for working with Instagram. I'm talking about software from Onlypult. It simplifies the work with social networks and eliminates the human factor during manual monitoring.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalwunda ➡️
Hey guys, I’m a singer/songwriter and I’d like to learn how to post videos of me playing while the sound quality is like a finished recording. Is there a way I can sync up a fully mastered song with a video of me playing?
Maybe not the best quality but better than iPhone audio...I video the performance with my phone or iPad. I simultaneously record the audio of me playing acoustic and singing into mics into Cubase. I mix the audio in Cubase. Then, in Windows Movie Make, I import the video, mute the sound and substitute the mix in the audio track in Movoe Maker. I suspect that when it is rendered into an MP4 I lose quality but it's better than the iphone video/audio. You can add layers to the audio track in your DAW too. BTW...I use direction mics like an SM58 on the vocal and a Beyer M160 on the acoustic to get better seperation which helps in mixing. When I use my good condensers they pick up a ton of bleed.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

These days I film on my Canon M50, edit in Final Cut and the export via airdrop onto my iPhone. I post short 1 minute promos on Instagram and ask listeners to go to YouTube link in my bio. Of course I’m not doing live audio but using the “studio” recording I made.
📝 Reply