The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction
Old 1st July 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Attached Thumbnails
Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-kasbelkanal_1.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-kasbelkanal_2.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-kasbelkanal_3.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-kasbelkanal_5.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-kasbelkanal_6.jpg  

Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-kasbelkanal_8.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-kasbelkanal_7.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-kasbelkanal_9.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-kasbelkanal_10.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-kasbelkanal_12.jpg  

Old 13th August 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
This is really awesome. Big ups!
Old 13th August 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Cool! Awesome build!
Old 30th September 2012
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Congratulations, this is looking very good!
I love how clean the look is. Keep it up!
Old 22nd April 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hell ... you really seem to know what you are doing there Bjorn! Congratulations. Did you read my posts about the windows I'm installing in my new Mastering studio? Did you also address these issues?
In the pic you posted for me (thanks) is that a stand-up glass Gobo behind the desk?

Allan

Recording Studios Australia, Brisbane, Sydney | Music Production
Old 24th May 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years

hnnng, the finish. The Appollo between oaks... epic
Old 18th June 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Update with some pictures showing the cloud with the S-wing, the integration of the transparent S-wing and the flush mounted cables in the speaker stands.
Attached Thumbnails
Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-diffusorram_1.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-difusorram_2.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-vinge_tak-1.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-vinge_tak-2.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-tygram_6.jpg  

Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-tygram_7.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-vingbotten_1.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-vingbotten_3.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-vingbotten_4.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-vingbotten_5.jpg  

Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-vingbotten_7.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-hogtalarstativ_9.jpg  
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Some details on the desk with some special features as for mug holders :-) All cables are integrated in the desk / console.
Attached Thumbnails
Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-kabelinstallation_1.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-imac.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-faste-imac_1.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-rtw_5.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-mugghallare_8.jpg  

Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-mugghallare_7.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-sideboard_1.jpg  
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Finally the controll-room is almost finished and this is how it looks like today.

So, how does the room translate? Extremely well I must say!
I have worked in many pro recording studios over the last 30 years but never experienced such a great separation. I find details in reference recordings I´ve never heard before since no pronounced masking-effect any more. The frequence responce feels very well and the sweetspot is surprisingly large.

I will soon post the final meaesurments.
Attached Thumbnails
Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-paradise_kontrollrum_5.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-paradise_kontrollrum_4.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-paradise_kontrollrum_3.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-paradise_kontrollrum_1.jpg  
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by boehj ➡️
This is really awesome. Big ups!
Thanx!
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SveinKB ➡️
Congratulations, this is looking very good!
I love how clean the look is. Keep it up!
Thanx a lot!
Old 19th June 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Beautiful studio!

What was the MLV for? - very expensive stuff!

Do you have REW? have you done testing? I would LOVE to see the mdat file.

Cheers,
John
Old 20th June 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Design Philosophy

Beautiful and exacting work, Bjorn! I'm curious about your acoustic design. Did you hire a consultant, or develop it yourself? If the later, what influenced your direction and what were some of the major choices you made during the design phase?

Craig
Old 21st June 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
The only downside I see is those diffusors will be a b!#ch to clean......ha
Old 22nd June 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demor ➡️
The only downside I see is those diffusors will be a b!#ch to clean......ha
Car shampoo and High pressure hose, problem solved

Wellness, very nice and clean environment to work in. Like the light thru those wings

Good job and be proud of yourself for the achievements.
Old 22nd June 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
The space looks great!
Old 23rd June 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Thank you so much for you nice comments.

Here comes the measurements
Attached Thumbnails
Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-paradise-studios_controlroom_fr_130620.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-paradise-studios_controlroom_waterfall_130620.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-paradise-studios_controlroom_impulse_130620.jpg   Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-paradise-studios_controlroom_energy_time_130620.jpg  
Old 23rd June 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
It looks ok but 1/3 octave smoothing is a bit crude, can you post a 1/12 or a 1/24 smoothed graph?
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiobox ➡️
Beautiful and exacting work, Bjorn! I'm curious about your acoustic design. Did you hire a consultant, or develop it yourself? If the later, what influenced your direction and what were some of the major choices you made during the design phase?

Craig
Thanx a lot Craig!

No, I have not invented the acoustic design. It´s the Svanå concept.
Over the last years the Svanå concept has been more often seen in scandinavia as for acoustic design of commercial TV-studios, Broadcasting studios, Recording studios etc. So I went curious about it!

After listening to a few rooms where acoustians used the products of Svanå in their design, I decided to contact Matts. I did ask for measurments from some rooms, and I was amazed of the great results, even in cubic shaped rooms! When reading the meassurments, I understood that the measurments actually did match very well from what I´ve heard in these rooms, especially the information in the details.

As I´m working in the acoustic business myself, I know that Svanå has been developed their own S-field concept where the products perform a broadband, temporal diffusion in the nearfield. It´s about "stretchening out" the incoming signal as long as possible in time, but at the same time avoid as much absorption as possible inside the time delay unit itself. Here you can read more about it: http://www.eetimes.com/design/audio-...n?pageNumber=6

My experience is that in order to achive the maximium benefit of the wings you need to, as a first step, solve the fundamental room resonanses to avoid them masking the effect of the wings.

If larger projects, I also know that the acoustians have the wing-unit intergrated in the CATT program for proper calculations.

Here you can readmore about it

// Björn
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demor ➡️
It looks ok but 1/3 octave smoothing is a bit crude, can you post a 1/12 or a 1/24 smoothed graph?
Attached Thumbnails
Paradise Studios Stockholm - construction-paradise-studios_controll-room_1-24_130620.jpg  

Last edited by wellnessmusic; 23rd June 2013 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: forgot the image
Old 23rd June 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Nice, if you can tackle the 40Hz a bit more you will probably see the 80-160-240 dibs disapear. Its all a bit to "wild" for my taste.
Old 24th June 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Interesting approach. Thanks for the link!

Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellnessmusic ➡️
Thanx a lot Craig!

No, I have not invented the acoustic design. It´s the Svanå concept.
Over the last years the Svanå concept has been more often seen in scandinavia as for acoustic design of commercial TV-studios, Broadcasting studios, Recording studios etc. So I went curious about it!

After listening to a few rooms where acoustians used the products of Svanå in their design, I decided to contact Matts. I did ask for measurments from some rooms, and I was amazed of the great results, even in cubic shaped rooms! When reading the meassurments, I understood that the measurments actually did match very well from what I´ve heard in these rooms, especially the information in the details.

As I´m working in the acoustic business myself, I know that Svanå has been developed their own S-field concept where the products perform a broadband, temporal diffusion in the nearfield. It´s about "stretchening out" the incoming signal as long as possible in time, but at the same time avoid as much absorption as possible inside the time delay unit itself. Here you can read more about it: Acoustics and Psychoacoustics Applied - Part 1: Listening room design

My experience is that in order to achive the maximium benefit of the wings you need to, as a first step, solve the fundamental room resonanses to avoid them masking the effect of the wings.

If larger projects, I also know that the acoustians have the wing-unit intergrated in the CATT program for proper calculations.

Here you can readmore about it

// Björn
Old 12th December 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Studiobesök

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellnessmusic ➡️
Hi! My name is Bjorn and I´m a new member of this fantastic forum. As I´m in progress of building a new recording studio I would like to share this project with you guys. The idea was to create a productive environment inspired by the nature as I´m living on the countryside /archipelago of Stockholm. My need was a controllroom of 25 square meters, a vocal / drumboot of 10 square meters and some smaller rooms / isoboxes. All rooms floated and with a good acoustic design - inspite all the glasswindows . This complex is build as an extension of a carport. Step number one was to transform the carport to a solid building. After that the digging process was taking place to remove tons of soil in order to build a solid foundation for the extension. Unfortunately I´m a kind of perfectionist (time consuming) so all the wooden parts are screwed and glued together with poluretanglue To be continued :-) Warm regards / Bjorn
Hello Bjorn, I'm about to build a studio and control room, I will build the studio in a separated house. I don´t know howfar you have come in your building process but it would be great to meet with you and to hear from your experiences. I live 1h from Stockholm.
Please contact me at: [email protected] and hopefully we can meet,
Thanks,
Hans
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…