Quantcast
New studio in Tallinn, Estonia - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New studio in Tallinn, Estonia
Old 28th January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
New studio in Tallinn, Estonia

Actually i started building this in September 2008, and it takes me really much time, because i have to invent smth new everyday and i work almost alone, sometimes my brother (u will see him on the pic) helps me

So primary it was just a clear room for storehouse with sizes (w,l,h) 8,8 x 5,7 x 3,12, but i made from that 8,3 x 5,35, 2,85.

Started with the floor. Well, parralel bars are lieng on the rubber, mineral wool between the, nothing interesting excepting that fact that nothing in this studio is connected with the foundation, and the floor too - it just lies on the rubber. Finished the floor with 2 layers of particle board. Unfortunately, cant find the pics... Maybe later.

The next step was wall framing! But before, i glued the mineralwool to the foundation. Also made curved walls in the "drum zone"

NOW! The most interesting feature of the building. As i already told, there's no rigid connection with the foundation, and here's the pic of the connection:

Well, may be it doesnt look so beautiful... But this solution is very cheap and works great! It prevents bass vibrations perfectly.

The next step was the ceiling and ventilation. And, no rigid connection again! I'll explain later more detailed how it works and why it does not dangle. The height is fixed.

I'll upload some drawings and other pics today or tomorrow.

Tony.
Old 28th January 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Wats up Tony?
Looks cool!
Give us more pictures of your room.
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I've only drawings of future control room, pics and other drawings are also coming soon.

I made some drawings with acoustic treatments of my control room.

The yellow spot above the monitors and engineers place are bass traps/absorbers. See theirs diagram here (yellow line): http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9994/classicxd7.jpg

And secondly, i decided to cover all the front wall with Isover Wallpanels, their's diagram is here: (look the red line): http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5807/supergdy4.jpg

Old 4th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
hey man,

keep up the good work it can be tough going it alone. Can't wait to see the progress you make. Your photos got me a little concerned, don't want it coming down on your head!
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
You're only putting 2 bass traps in what looks like a 10x10 room?
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossome ➑️
You're only putting 2 bass traps in what looks like a 10x10 room?

Nope:
Quote:
The yellow spot above the monitors and engineers place are bass traps/absorbers. See theirs diagram here (yellow line): http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9994/classicxd7.jpg
Actually i am going to place 2 more bass traps in corners betwen ceiling and side walls, like Ethan advised me.
Old 5th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Loved Tallinn, we toured Estonia in summer of 2006 and will never forget that beautiful country and beautiful people.
We visited Parnu, Tartu, Tallinn and some castles that were like hundreds of years old. Amazing...
Sam
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Whats up Tony?
What program did u use to make this drawings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony76 ➑️
RL]

Thanks!
Old 7th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hey everybody! I am back with some pix)

On the first pic is shown my ceiling's strengthening system. How can u see, the long-line rubber pulls the ceiling up, and the second one fixes the ceiling on definited height. Second pic shows the ceiling and wall junction.

Other pictures show the building progress. They are made from future control room's window.

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
New studio in Tallinn, Estonia-room-003.jpg   New studio in Tallinn, Estonia-room-004.jpg   New studio in Tallinn, Estonia-room-007.jpg   New studio in Tallinn, Estonia-room2-001.jpg   New studio in Tallinn, Estonia-studio_1.jpg  

New studio in Tallinn, Estonia-studio_2.jpg  
Old 13th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Yai! Almost done with finishing the backwall, aka "Drum wall"!
Attached Thumbnails
New studio in Tallinn, Estonia-08032009056.jpg  
Old 14th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony76 ➑️
Yai! Almost done with finishing the backwall, aka "Drum wall"!
Tony is it some kind of wallpapers?
Old 14th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
It'sparquet
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…