The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
So long my friends
Old 2nd July 2022
Deleted 97dbc1c ðŸŽ™ï¸
So long my friends

I will be leaving GS.
I keep getting into fights, over and over.
I probably make them worse by responding, so I think I will take my leave.
If I were to stay, that would likely continue, so I really can't.

Some of the abject meanness is really making me feel sick these days.
I get plenty of that right here at home, thank you.

This is about a small number of people that have really been on my ass of late. I made the mistake of openly supporting Behringer andf it became obvious that we will not be tolerated any more.I

also have many, many friends and loyal users, you I will miss!

Been quite a ride since the early 2000s!

Peace,
Roger
Old 2nd July 2022
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerFoote ➡️
I will be leaving GS.
I keep getting into fights, over and over.
I probably make them worse by responding, so I think I will take my leave.
If I were to stay, that would likely continue, so I really can't.

Some of the abject meanness is really making me feel sick these days.
I get plenty of that right here at home, thank you.

This is about a small number of people that have really been on my ass of late. I made the mistake of openly supporting Behringer andf it became obvious that we will not be tolerated any more.I

also have many, many friends and loyal users, you I will miss!

Been quite a ride since the early 2000s!

Peace,
Roger
Roger, this doesn't make any sense...why would you leave your friends at GS? Why not instead make a point of not posting for the duration of the summer, maybe not even logging in, and focus energy on taking care of yourself and family. I know a bit of what stressors you deal with on a daily basis and how draining that must be, and that can affect a person's disposition and outlook. I'm happy to have met you here on GS and would be sorry to see you go, so I'm hoping you reconsider and know that your input here is valued.
Old 2nd July 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeCrush ➡️
Roger, this doesn't make any sense...why would you leave your friends at GS? Why not instead make a point of not posting for the duration of the summer, maybe not even logging in, and focus energy on taking care of yourself and family. I know a bit of what stressors you deal with on a daily basis and how draining that must be, and that can affect a person's disposition and outlook. I'm happy to have met you here on GS and would be sorry to see you go, so I'm hoping you reconsider and know that your input here is valued.
It would be nice for the mods to take a more active role in routing serial rudists and trolls
Old 3rd July 2022
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I have to agree. There are some total dickheads here. I don't give a *uck how much studio experience you have....if you're going to be an ass...and treat people poorly.
Old 3rd July 2022
Gear Addict

I’m sorry to read this, but I don’t blame Roger for leaving, people were really piling on and being pretty shitty.
Old 3rd July 2022
Deleted 97dbc1c ðŸŽ™ï¸
Guess it hasn't gone through yet. Still able to post.

Thanks for the support.
But, I do not seem to be able to just not post.

When Synth Guru told me how to delete my account, about 8 people gave his post likes. Take that to mean that out of one thread, 8 people want me to leave. Probably more but they are afraid to be seen supporting ANYTHING.

The last year has been as close to hell as I can imagine.
I don't have a person to talk to anymore, so I think I compensate by posting? Don't know, but the isolation is really doing a number on me.
I didn't expect my wife to basically give up in the years 2014-2018.

It left me in an unknown situation that I have no talent in dealing with, it seems. It has resulted in a kind of collapse of my life, my son's life, my home, business, everything is totally FUBAR.

I am having heavy problems in cognitive matters. Having mean assed people instantly start diagnosing my mental state really was a major gut punch (yet another one). Really makes one feel under attack with posts like:
Clinical depression that I guess I am too lazy to un-do?
Or, "Why does this thread attract all the crazies"
Or, "You are that crazy guy fighting with a street sign"

I do not expect them to understand, but I can't seem to just leave it when I see so many insults and untruths being slung. Makes a person want to fight the injustice. Things aren't improving yet here in my situation. I do not wanna be a crybaby, but I am dying here, I am having severe PTSD type stuff, images of me being torn limb from limb. my cats suffering with advanced old age and a woman who is screaming continually 24 hours a day and my inability to help, images where I am completely isolated and freaking out. Then I think of the last 10 years wasted and can't get any of it back, of course. Spending a lot of time in regret/guilt for building a studio, which was started long before the pandemic,l but I can't help but wonder how much better things would be if I had not bought the XK-5 for example. Or any of t6he other more recent additions. Now I can not even get 5 minutes a week for t6he studio, making music which is the only other time I am happy now, the mother being when I have builds to complete. Then I am OK.

Of course people think I am overreacting. May seem that way but it ONLY seems that way. I think I have been really strong, just not enough of it. Being slighted right now was the last straw, at my darkest time.

OK, now I have laid it out again.
PLEASE do not read my post here if you get angry when people have health or other issues. Or if you want to say what I am going through is bullshit, I can assure you it would kill many of us.

I know it is gross hearing someone lay it all out. Believe me I know.
I HATE bringing it up.

But the issues are dire, so any of the "Man up and deal with it" posts are viewed with hostility by me.

TBH, I just do not know what or where to do anything to make things better. My life is quite literally crumbling, and I can't fix any of it. I always thought I was strong, now I wonder.

I just don't know what to do, and if I were to stay I would just keep taking abuse from part of the membership here.

They should be proud, words support like bone (P Gabriel)
They also destroy life if used in a cavalier fashion.

Me? The only thing I disparaged was Oberheim for the dishonest business practices that allowed a complete failure to be sold for thousands of dollars. And then treat the customer as a PITA for having to get an OB-Mx worked on. They were REALLY horrible to deal with.

But that is all forgiven, only a crazy guy would be pissed about buying one of these POSs. Well it may have been 30 years ago, but it was the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. NEVER again.

Anyway, my wife has been on a hunger strike, started with a tantrum, she dreamed up. Then she started refusing her Seroquel...
This has been ongoing for 3 months.

And, I am called to make some breakfast for her to dump on the floor like all the other meals recently. So, duty calls.

A thought just occurred to me that the people who have been riding my back are actually acting just like Karen, my wife. Completely un-hinged. That is sort of humorous!

So long all!
Roger
Old 3rd July 2022
Deleted 97dbc1c ðŸŽ™ï¸
OK, like clockwork, she dumped a cup of hot malted milk on the floor!
I'll make another...
Old 3rd July 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sorry to hear of the struggles, Mr Foote.
There are miraculous results being shown for treatments of PTSD amongst other things, utilising psychedelic drugs in clinical settings, which has been legalised in several places recently. I highly recommend looking into it. Everyone deserves a decent life and happiness.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/11/healt...scn/index.html

Good luck to you!
Old 3rd July 2022
Deleted 97dbc1c ðŸŽ™ï¸
Yes that's right!
Have not found a source for psilocybin yet.
I was part of a LSD experiment in 1966, when a group of researchers from San Francisco State University moved in next door to my parents.

It was pure DLSD Tartrate 25 IIRC and there were around 100 doses on a sheet of blotter. IO took more acid than almost anyone except maybe the Merry Pranksters. It was incredible though using pure LSD as it had NO stimulant or nausea symptoms. I took it in the afternoon on my first trip and by 10:00 I was able to sleep! 25mcg per dot.

Right now, that would really help. So would psilocybin.

All I have right now is St John's wort, Kratom, kava kava and cannabis.
Takes the edge off. But it's no match for this.

I have word out to let me know of any shrooms I can buy, but Hayfork is a cannabis growing center.... I keep looking though as what you suggest is probably the best choice of all. Instead of covering up the mess, it resets a person's processors.
Thanks,
RF
Old 3rd July 2022
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Good luck, Roger.
I see what you mean.
I've left a couple of places lately myself, both online and physical.
Like my old pub. My old friends, wise and funny, most of them are gone now. All that's left are troublemaking idiots lacking in common decency.

It's good to let things go. When time is right.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
Deleted 97dbc1c ðŸŽ™ï¸
Indeed!
Thanks Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen ➡️
Good luck, Roger.
I see what you mean.
I've left a couple of places lately myself, both online and physical.
Like my old pub. My old friends, wise and funny, most of them are gone now. All that's left are troublemaking idiots lacking in common decency.

It's good to let things go. When time is right.
Old 3rd July 2022
Deleted 97dbc1c ðŸŽ™ï¸
Something I forgot to address.
The people who were screwing with me were saying that the only reason I was leaving was them and the recent thread, hahahaha.

About 3 weeks ago, I set a goal.
If I continue to be attacked after June 30, goodbye.
Well, guess what?

This isn't new or recent for me. '
Old 3rd July 2022
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
There's a hierarchy based on experience, and there should be....but that's no reason to be rude and sarcastic (or dismissive) to people....is what I've noticed.

Everybody's got their different strengths.
Old 3rd July 2022
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Well this is too bad! GS can’t afford to lose people of stature and be anything more than a buncha wrangling kids. I believe I stepped into a couple of Rogers tangles to point out who he is and shut up and listen....

At least try and give an interview before leaving. Making gear on your level is an amazing feat....gonna miss ya!...
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yes that's right!
I was part of a LSD experiment in 1966, when a group of researchers from San Francisco State University moved in next door to my parents.

It was pure DLSD Tartrate 25 IIRC and there were around 100 doses on a sheet of blotter. IO took more acid than almost anyone except maybe the Merry Pranksters. It was incredible though using pure LSD as it had NO stimulant or nausea symptoms. I took it in the afternoon on my first trip and by 10:00 I was able to sleep! 25mcg per dot.

I have word out to let me know of any shrooms I can buy, but Hayfork is a cannabis growing center.... I keep looking though as what you suggest is probably the best choice of all. Instead of covering up the mess, it resets a person's processors.
Thanks,
RF
the university hospital in my town has a large-scale study going on with various psychoactive substances and they are still/regularly looking for probands, no kidding! - i can put you in touch; however, you would have to come here for intake (and interviews)...
Deleted 97dbc1c ðŸŽ™ï¸
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah ➡️
the university hospital in my town has a large-scale study going on with various psychoactive substances and they are still/regularly looking for probands, no kidding! - i can put you in touch; however, you would have to come here for intake (and interviews)...
Where are you located deedeeyeah?

The research I saw was a lifestyle experiment, to try to find non conflicting ways of living in groups.

Haha, I just remembered, those guys had an empty pigeon coup with a 100 lb triple beam scale with a 36" or so ball of Nepalese Hashish in a big black garbage bag. They gave me "hash lessons" which was very nice.

Had free hash for years, then they moved and I cried, hehe.
They became my big brothers and sisters. I was an oldest son, so that was really good for me! And it was fun running around naked with beautiful women. They were really nice, and I would never want to objectify them. I was 15 and shy, so they went easy on me. Good folks.

I learned a lot.

I remember in the 6th grade we got a gig at a local high school.
John, the main guy let me borrow a dual Bandmaster stack, whoa!
That gig went really well, the HS students didn't even know we were some young kids acting all growed up hahaha...
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Where are you located deedeeyeah?

The research I saw was a lifestyle experiment, to try to find non conflicting ways of living in groups.

Haha, I just remembered, those guys had an empty pigeon coup with a 100 lb triple beam scale with a 36" or so ball of Nepalese Hashish in a big black garbage bag. They gave me "hash lessons" which was very nice.

Had free hash for years, then they moved and I cried, hehe.
They became my big brothers and sisters. I was an oldest son, so that was really good for me! And it was fun running around naked with beautiful women. They were really nice, and I would never want to objectify them. I was 15 and shy, so they went easy on me. Good folks.

I learned a lot.

I remember in the 6th grade we got a gig at a local high school.
John, the main guy let me borrow a dual Bandmaster stack, whoa!
That gig went really well, the HS students didn't even know we were some young kids acting all growed up hahaha...
i'm in basel, switzerland - the place where albert hofmann incidentally discovered lsd in 1938 (!) after which it was used as a medicine...

the ultimate aim of the study (which is getting carried out over a period of years and involves thousands of samples), is to free psychoactive substances - not only lsd - which were demonized primarily for political (rather than medical) reasons from this very corner and to identify sensible possible uses, but like any scientific study, it is open-ended in terms of the validation of its theses.
Old 3rd July 2022
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Why not use the ignore feature, liberally?
Old 4th July 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yes that's right!

Thanks,
RF
Hey Roger , have a look at MDMA therapy , its had a lot of good results with extreme PTSD. ill pm you some links buddy , and i think im speaking for all of us ( that arent bored karens )

Hang in there , you got a support network here with good resource so , take a break or come back and see it can get better :0)
Old 4th July 2022
Lives for gear

Good luck with your struggles - I'm one of these tin-foil hat wearing types and I honestly think western society is being atomised before our very eyes breaking everyone up into more and more tribes - whether that be Behringer/Anti-Behringer - or whether you're pro or anti a particular injection or believe in biological facts etc. This makes everybody more hostile and aggressive - in the age of people virtue signalling their tolerance - people have never been so intolerant! I genuinely fear for humanity. What I'm trying to say is the people ripping on you are struggling with the modern world just as much as you are - that's how I cope, I don't take other people's hostility seriously, feeling pity for other people inexplicable anger helps it to bounce off me! I hope you find your way of coping with this modern madness and I genuinely wish you all the best.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…