Quantcast
Tracktion 4 is a reality !!!! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tracktion 4 is a reality !!!!
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Tracktion 4 is a reality !!!!

Its Christmas !!!!! Tracktion 4 is a reality and to be officially announced at Namm tomorrow. Web site will be up also. I tried PT10 and Reaper and they are just to clunky to get around. Tracktion hands down to me has the best GUI . You spend your time recording and having fun vs. tryin to figure **** out. Here is a video Jules (creator) just put on youtube. Julian T4 Intro 4 - YouTube And another from Dave Christenson Modeless_Interface.m4v - YouTube
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
great news indeed - i saw that video yesterday and makes u wonder whats happening if tracktion has been handed back to julian by mackie somehow - great news for us fans though -
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wow. You have to wonder who is left to care about this. I mean, this software was long abandoned and dead in the water. I just can't imagine that Tracktion 4 will have anywhere near the feature base of anything it would be competing with at this point, unless they really loaded it up somehow.

And on the lower cost of things, there is again more to choose from. I think Mackie ****ed this software up pretty good with their approach. I feel bad for Julian, I hope he can make a go of it.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
At $29.99 for the upgrade or $59.99 for the full version, its a no brainer. Even for other DAW users. Come see how Tracktioneers do it. You may never go back to your old DAW. Seems they are taking notes from Reapers business model. Cant wait !!!
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anything fresh and inspiring is worth a look at least.

Too many people are too quick to poo poo the next man that comes along, and if everyone listened to them we as a species would still be living in trees eating ticks off each other.

"Why would anyone use one of the newfangled horseless carriages, the horse drawn ones work just fine and I've already got two horses."
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRCHON ➑️
Anything fresh and inspiring is worth a look at least.

Too many people are too quick to poo poo the next man that comes along, and if everyone listened to them we as a species would still be living in trees eating ticks off each other.

"Why would anyone use one of the newfangled horseless carriages, the horse drawn ones work just fine and I've already got two horses."
Tracktion has been around for awhile, but in limbo for the last 5 years. To me its GUI is the best. Very intuitive.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Finally! Vintage software! Heheheh! I used to really dig the workflow of traction! Hope it's solid! T2&3 seemed glitchy at the time. Ready for something new, though, so I'm eager to see this become developed again!
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I am really looking forward to this! I have been through a lot of other software and still always return back to Tracktion. Nothing I have tried can match the speed that you can get ideas down.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't think I was denigrating the software! I owned version 2. It was... OK. I might toss them a bone and get the next version, who knows.

On the other hand, though, it's kind of hard to get excited about software that has languished for literally half a decade. Who owns it now? Is it going to be supported now? Five years with no real announcement of whether or not it even existed anymore, much less supported, is a pretty long time.

And I know it's Mackie that done it. So, are they still involved? Who is to say whether or not this will happen again if they are?

Maybe this is already known, though. Everyone seems to assume that all is better with Tracktion.
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mal ➑️
I don't think I was denigrating the software! I owned version 2. It was... OK. I might toss them a bone and get the next version, who knows.

On the other hand, though, it's kind of hard to get excited about software that has languished for literally half a decade. Who owns it now? Is it going to be supported now? Five years with no real announcement of whether or not it even existed anymore, much less supported, is a pretty long time.

And I know it's Mackie that done it. So, are they still involved? Who is to say whether or not this will happen again if they are?

Maybe this is already known, though. Everyone seems to assume that all is better with Tracktion.
It was bought back from Mackie. So Mackie is totally out of the picture !!! Jules (creator) and two other gentlemen bought it back. It will be interesting to see what features are added throughout the year. But I agree with the posts above. So easy to get creative with Tracktion. You dont spend your time sorting through windows and menus.
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
'twas Tracktion's super-fun patchy-cord routing that predated that whathafuh-inspiring Max for Live. I can't wait to see the original author's upcoming updates these many years on.
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Native 64 bit support? I can't find anything on the website.
Old 26th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar ➑️
Native 64 bit support? I can't find anything on the website.
The developer said very soon on a video I saw the other day.
Old 26th January 2013 | Show parent
PDC
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmasterM4 ➑️
Tracktion has been around for awhile, but in limbo for the last 5 years. To me its GUI is the best. Very intuitive.
Funny. To me it looked and performed like a toy. PT is clunky? Please. Glad to see the man is in control of his own destiny and the product survived Loud.
Old 25th April 2013
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
The demonstration videos look very promising. I always liked Tracktion and I am glad it's back!
Old 14th July 2013
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Anyone using the new version? I see that if you buy a Mackie interface you get a free upgrade to this new version which would make it one of the few interfaces that includes a full fledge DAW. I've seen Tracktion mentioned quite a bit over the years and people seemed to dig it, but now that it's back there doesn't seem to be much excitement.

I checked out KVR where it seems to have a bigger following, but even over there there's not much new chatter. Also, doing some digging it appears to be pretty buggy, especially with VST's. Some say significantly and others say just like many other DAWS. So to this digital recording noob it's hard for me to judge if it's worthwhile or not.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…