The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 159 views: 130,870
idee und klang 27th March 2021

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 149 views: 112,494
zacbarnes26 20th January 2021

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 182 views: 207,003
omega75 11th December 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 107,968
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 48,885
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 53,097
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi all, I’m after some quick advice please. If I have a reverb Plugin on the master bus channel in logic ( Reverb before...

henry miller
replies: 6 views: 133
BT64 1 hour ago

Hello to everyone, I'd kindly like to ask some questions about pan laws. I have made a research through the web but I'd like...

musicfirexate
replies: 25 views: 1,778
JennyWood 1 hour ago

Hello, I apologize if I'm not posting in the correct subforum, I wasn't entirely sure. I'm pretty new to analog Gear and I wasn't...

DAConfused
replies: 1 views: 95
Korcraft 3 hours ago

Hi everyone, I have a TLM 103 that I use for Voice Over currently paired with an ART Voice Channel and I'm looking to swap it out...

Chasedfm
replies: 3 views: 92
Korcraft 3 hours ago

Hi. When i do audio rendering, i always use WAV 32-Bit Float but there is also 32-Bit Signed too. Float probably not unsigned....

Erdem Alsirt
replies: 3 views: 101
mattiasnyc 5 hours ago

Hey guys maybe two dumb questions but i really don't understand this about ISRC: 1. All music ready I know it has but does...

laaaaaaaaaaas
replies: 5 views: 162
ambiguous signal 5 hours ago

Today I tried to use my Lexicon MX200 as a digital to analog converter between my TV and studio monitors. I connected a SPDIF...

Samuel540
replies: 1 views: 86
Wayne 8 hours ago

Hey guys! I need your help to decide which one I should get! Right now I have a possibility of buying the Midas Venice 320 for...

sxy303mss
replies: 0 views: 53
sxy303mss 10 hours ago

Hi all, I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best microphone stand to accompany the Shure SM7B? Due to my recording...

SVH92900
replies: 25 views: 289
JLast 23 hours ago

Sorry for the noob question. Title says it all. I have an RME Babyface Pro and I'm planning to buy Beyerdynamic dt770 pro 250...

madseason
replies: 6 views: 165
mcgilroy 23 hours ago

Hey all- Checked a few of the threads but no definitive answer on this question. Here's the signal path. All unbalanced...

Mark13
replies: 3 views: 130
Mark13 23 hours ago

So lets say I have $2k for a recording project. I could go a few options. Note no drum tracking. A- Record 1 song at a high...

vashuba
replies: 4 views: 164
elegentdrum 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
bill5 1 day ago

Patience, patience! Clicking the 'Submit' button several times will not cause the your post to upload any faster. Please click...

[email protected]
replies: 27 views: 3,147
Lonley_Chemical 1 day ago

Hello all, I'm looking to record using Reaper & my Focusrite scarlett 2i2, after 90 minutes of trying to get reaper to...

SYNN92
replies: 2 views: 122
Mag J 1 day ago

Good day ya'll. So, I'm currently using a Presonus Quantum 2626 as my interface (Thunderbolt 3). I just picked up a Focusrite...

joshbraun231
replies: 1 views: 99
BT64 1 day ago

Do I need to use a trs cable to hook up an external preamp to my apollo 8p or is xlr ok? I bought a heritage 500 series rack...

bluedoorstudios
avensis 1 day ago

First off, if this is the wrong place to ask this question, I am very sorry. So I bought a scarlett 2i4 and when I got it,...

butcherbuddy
replies: 3 views: 1,285
avensis 1 day ago

Hi there, I'm trying to set up wired IEMs for a function band. All the horns share a single (mono) mix, which is a balanced...

markbutler94
replies: 2 views: 93
ambiguous signal 2 days ago

hey yall, I'm just curious why more people don't use AIFF files over WAV files for the final copy of their tracks. To my eyes,...

RyanMako
replies: 2 views: 99
bill5 2 days ago

I hooked up AFI1 and Mac, everything looks good but the system just couldn't find the device. I have tried MacOS 10.12 and 10.13,...

yop
replies: 0 views: 62
yop 2 days ago

Alright folks. Slut time (err I mean space time). I have been experimenting with several nice dynamic mics in my home studio...

Purple_Rain
replies: 12 views: 375
countrymetalguy 2 days ago

Hi everyone, First post here. As it says in the title, I got a question regarding peak meters / line level. Basically...

bjornmagnusson
replies: 3 views: 131
BIG BUDDHA 2 days ago

As a very long time stereo music listener and collector, I'm fairly new to surround recording...and, I'd probably still be...

HandLogger
replies: 10 views: 169
Korcraft 3 days ago

I have to keep deleting the state xml file, unplugging the device, reinstall software, firmware etc way too many times within...

gavros777
Korcraft 3 days ago

I have had this for almost a year now, and to date I don't recall having the issue I did today. Anyways, a couple of months ago...

Marcis
replies: 5 views: 153
Korcraft 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
Nitrouspizza 3 days ago

I'm in the progess of a LO-FI ish project, and i fell upon the drum sound in the drum loop of "Be Above It" by Tame...

kaspergreenday
replies: 6 views: 10,455
Honkermann 3 days ago

Hi, I'd like to set up my computer for 3 different activities and I feel like my brain just isn't grokking how this is supposed...

LegitShady
replies: 6 views: 365
modalmojo 4 days ago

Hi All, I recently bought an Audient ID14 to replace my Scarlett Solo. I love it because of it's amazing audio quality but after...

redmarket
replies: 2 views: 896
Korcraft 4 days ago

Hey gang, I have a MOTU Ultralite AVB and recently added a MOTU 8a for more inputs. I can feed one into the other via ADAT or...

MrQuill
replies: 2 views: 119
Korcraft 4 days ago

I have a rp5 g3 on the bench, it turns on and the tweeter works immediately. The start woofer takes some time to come...

alexkf12
replies: 0 views: 105
alexkf12 4 days ago

Hi. I am very confused about when i switch to professional mixing life at future, which DAW is the best one? Avid Pro Tools or...

Erdem Alsirt
replies: 45 views: 773
Erdem Alsirt 5 days ago

Is it common to have a pair of stereo speakers and amp in a studio? Does any studio gear work to power stereo speakers?...

jdiz86
replies: 3 views: 148
joeq 5 days ago

I have a WAV file from ez drummer that I would like to import into my zoom r16 so I can record guitar over it on the R16. Cannot...

thomashendonmsc
replies: 3 views: 754
joeq 5 days ago

So I just upgraded from a fostex R8 to an Otari MX5050 mkiii 8. My mixing board is a fostex 812, I’d upgrade that too, but I...

Uncornluvr
replies: 3 views: 116
BT64 5 days ago

Hi. Which is the easiest way to get all harmonies from complex vocals like this? Which tool or AI should i use? Example song:...

Erdem Alsirt
replies: 66 views: 1,357
Erdem Alsirt 6 days ago

In this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k1R0m1wki0, Rory Rositas talks about the "over under" mic placement for...

prophet
replies: 1 views: 160
RayHeath 6 days ago

I am 21 years old. I used to listen to a lot of music really loudly growing up with my ipod earbuds. Stupid stupid stupid....

aspen1135
replies: 22 views: 7,948
SilvercityBob 6 days ago

Hi folks, I have two queries: I've been recording classical gigs with an engineer who's been doing it for many years. I've...

Scot1970DP
replies: 11 views: 939
DCtoDaylight 6 days ago

Hi, I am looking to possibly acquire a tiny consumer desktop 2.1 system for checking how my mixes sound on it. I would like...

amaury
replies: 5 views: 131
ambiguous signal 6 days ago

Hi For fun, I'd like to get into building some nice, good quality, aesthetically pleasing cables. Nothing -out-of-this-world,...

Boxymusic
replies: 17 views: 291
Korcraft 1 week ago

So on the older SSL bus compressors I understand that the external side chain was a mono input and you would sum the stereo side...

Clbraddock
replies: 16 views: 202
Clbraddock 1 week ago

Hey all I’m looking to the forums for an answer about connecting a drum machine up to the Behringer cat, and how I might do...

Rolandboss5888
replies: 1 views: 99
BT64 1 week ago

Will the scarlet solo not be good enough to produce proper quality? I’m not planning on upgrading the interface so I need to...

Wibo
replies: 2 views: 151
gearstudent 1 week ago

Hi, I am not really a newbie to a studio but I am a newbie when it comes to computers in a studio. I currently have a...

Shadowplay.
replies: 10 views: 203
gearstudent 1 week ago

Hi, I am new, sorry in case what I ask is silly. I want to play 4 different instruments on a looper, for example on the Aeros...

DDCassiere
replies: 1 views: 103
ambiguous signal 1 week ago

Looking between a Warm Audio WA73-EQ or a Chameleon Labs 7603 (NOT XMOD Edition) paired with a Shure SM7B for Vocals. Anyone have...

Chasedfm
replies: 0 views: 114
Chasedfm 1 week ago

Whats the technical reason that reverb and delay are different devices? Isn't delay just reverb that repeats again?

5pinetin
replies: 7 views: 323
Owen L T 1 week ago

I do Melodic Pop / Hip Hop, and Sing. I only have a scarlet solo, and I’m hoping that’s good enough? I’m interested in the...

Wibo
replies: 7 views: 202
vintagelove 1 week ago

Moderators