The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 159 views: 130,137
idee und klang 3 weeks ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 149 views: 111,860
zacbarnes26 20th January 2021

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 182 views: 206,087
omega75 11th December 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 107,640
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 48,638
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 52,890
Jules 1st February 2011

Doing some studio rack maintenance and had a question that I'd love some input on. I have 2 Golden Age PRE-73 MKIII, and 2...

manfromnapa
replies: 1 views: 12
Synth Guru 7 minutes ago

Hi all, I'm trying to understand what happens on a tape deck when recording with line inputs, deck in question - marantz...

MichaelDude
replies: 2 views: 73
ambiguous signal 13 minutes ago

hey, first time posting here - I went trough a couple of posts but didnt find a solution. I bought the SSL fusion and tegeler...

uglaehadid
replies: 3 views: 77
Bushman 41 minutes ago

Hi, Just today I went through and ordered an Audient iD44. I already have a Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen, which is the interface...

timehalt
replies: 3 views: 122
justmusic 3 hours ago

Hi guys! I just got the Focusrite Liquid Channel and I'm absolutely in love with it! However, it doesn't seem to work with...

FlamingOnion
replies: 9 views: 1,363
Arionas 3 hours ago

So I own a Yamaha hph mt-5 which Is a decent studio headphone. One thing that is quit anoying is that the cable is 3 meters(9f)...

Coenf99
replies: 5 views: 2,938
gdchamberlin 5 hours ago

When you clip your ADC beyond it's programmed headroom (where it impliments some rudimentary form of limiting), I understand it...

Nickerz
replies: 4 views: 89
BT64 6 hours ago

Hey guys! This is my first newbie question, but does an improved audio interface affect the output of something going to your...

Derp
replies: 6 views: 103
SRS 7 hours ago

How is this done? I've been going off by ear. I'd very much appreciate solid advise

GAVAHMON
replies: 5 views: 121
mikeraz 8 hours ago

Hi guys, sorry for probably a stupid question, but that's why I'm asking it in the newbies sub. Anyways... There's this EXPOSE...

COOLak
replies: 7 views: 107
COOLak 9 hours ago

Trying to settle an argument between me and a mate! One of us is saying that a compressor with its needle not moving - infinite...

mjelinekperth
replies: 6 views: 247
kludgeaudio 12 hours ago

Anybody want to help me identify this sound and how to replicate it? Maybe its a preset on a certain drum machine? it's the drums...

TRDream
replies: 6 views: 854
Sigma 13 hours ago

Hello, anybody who can assist me with this I would really appreciate. I can't seem to figure this out and am starting to think it...

Clockworkcreep
replies: 1 views: 75
Korcraft 22 hours ago

Love gearslutz don’t see anything dedicated to mixing on here. Suggestions? Thanks!

LoneSoundRanger
replies: 8 views: 4,353
Unclenny 1 day ago

This question is for drummers with home studios and recording engineers... What do you think of drum mic bundles? Are drummers...

Bex
replies: 12 views: 178
Bushman 1 day ago

Hi. Which is the easiest way to get all harmonies from complex vocals like this? Which tool or AI should i use? Example song:...

Erdem Alsirt
replies: 64 views: 1,071
Erdem Alsirt 1 day ago

I'll be getting an API 3124 soon to replace my old 4-channel mic pre. I have an Aphex 104 Easy Rider for light compression during...

alexdoo
replies: 0 views: 63
alexdoo 1 day ago

Hello guys, i want to buy pair of new headphones and a headphone amp.The headphone amp is mackie-hm4.My question is can i connect...

ApO.
replies: 5 views: 1,321
futures_here 1 day ago

Hey wassup, I have rather a personal story and question right here. I hope this isn´t offtopic here. I was visiting a...

dazelbc
replies: 4 views: 119
Korcraft 1 day ago

I've been using an XR18 for a few years and am wondering what a few alternatives are that are a sonic step up? I use a Mac...

wolfereeno
replies: 7 views: 139
wolfereeno 1 day ago

Hi to everyone that can help me, and hi to everyone that can't help me, Here is my question: I want to buy a patchbay. The...

DjokesBokes
replies: 0 views: 72
DjokesBokes 1 day ago

Maybe it's a wrong place to ask, but I'm interested in speakers used in Vangelis' Epsilon studio (1992-1993).

AlMikkus79
replies: 1 views: 100
AlMikkus79 1 day ago

So I'm diving into a drum project since I finally have the ability to record drums. I have a drum set in one room and all the...

brodieskiddlz
replies: 19 views: 181
JSchlomo 1 day ago

Hi there, first post so I hope this is in the correct place! I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good pair of mics...

manduwala
replies: 4 views: 114
manduwala 1 day ago

Will the scarlet solo not be good enough to produce proper quality? I’m not planning on upgrading the interface so I need to...

Wibo
replies: 1 views: 82
BT64 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
ambiguous signal 1 day ago

Hello Everyone! I've been getting back into recording lately and I purchased a Warm 47-Jr as my condenser Microphone paired...

field coast
replies: 4 views: 122
joeq 2 days ago

Hi Has anyone taken the engineering course by Musician on a Mission and Rob Mayzes Its 400$ It looks interesting but Id...

wizcow
replies: 34 views: 10,313
Jkaforr1611 2 days ago

I do Melodic Pop / Hip Hop, and Sing. I only have a scarlet solo, and I’m hoping that’s good enough? I’m interested in the...

Wibo
replies: 3 views: 103
IamGwar 2 days ago

So I bought a headphone amp (Sterling Audio 4 Channel Professional Headphone Amplifier), but super confused how to connect it to...

SwooshMusic
replies: 5 views: 151
joeq 2 days ago

I have to keep deleting the state xml file, unplugging the device, reinstall software, firmware etc way too many times within...

gavros777
replies: 1 views: 83
ambiguous signal 2 days ago

I've seen this topic discussed here and there on this board, but haven't found a good answer specifically in relation to the U87...

Purple_Rain
replies: 10 views: 163
joeq 3 days ago

It seems no matter how bad a mix is, the louder you play it, the better it sounds. :lol:

goom
replies: 10 views: 368
Wayne 3 days ago

Hi For fun, I'd like to get into building some nice, good quality, aesthetically pleasing cables. Nothing -out-of-this-world,...

Boxymusic
replies: 8 views: 164
Korcraft 3 days ago

I do amateur music production as a hobby and decided last year to set up a patchbay for my effects loop. It's been fantastic...

stopthesignal
replies: 4 views: 1,578
eightyeightkeys 3 days ago

Hi. I am listening this song and i think they just do multiple vocal recording but i don't think it's just multiple vocal...

Erdem Alsirt
replies: 0 views: 90
Erdem Alsirt 3 days ago

I just picked up a 40 channel Yamaha M3000 for $200 in outback Australia. Got it back to my garage and she fires up and works...

astrobell
replies: 2 views: 188
Korcraft 3 days ago

I installed a 3.5mm audio cable that goes from the stage, up into the attic, then down through the ceiling to the Yamaha TF1...

JohnB7
replies: 2 views: 182
Korcraft 3 days ago

Evening, First off, hi all rockout I've been working with the PreSonus Audio box package (Audiobox USB + condenser mic) and...

jaymd_123
replies: 9 views: 2,460
VO_Lady 3 days ago

Hi all, I've been aware of what mid/side recording is for a while (and that a key benefit is that it's mono-compatible), but with...

marsh_e79
replies: 2 views: 116
badmark 4 days ago

I am making pop / hip hop music and am trying to find a microphone under $500. One that captures the voice well. My room isn’t...

Wibo
replies: 3 views: 119
Owen L T 4 days ago

As a very long time stereo music listener and collector, I'm fairly new to surround recording...and, I'd probably still be...

HandLogger
replies: 9 views: 136
mattiasnyc 5 days ago

Bought a Radial Pro 48, When I plug in my Boss amp in the thru input (out from the record output from the amp) my signal is still...

sricabla
replies: 4 views: 86
BT64 5 days ago

can someone help me? i'm considering buying a 24 track system 8 MK3. the one i'm interested in has 24 1/4" direct outs on...

y2kalaki
replies: 4 views: 697
thegovernor 5 days ago

Hey there, My band and I use a In-Ear- and Recording-Rig in our rehearsal space with a RME Fireface UC as the centre piece and...

monkeyo
replies: 1 views: 98
ambiguous signal 6 days ago

Hi. What if i re-render a 32-Bit Float WAV Audio file on my DAW? I mean for example i record my vocals in DAW as raw. Then i...

Erdem Alsirt
replies: 2 views: 102
Erdem Alsirt 6 days ago

Hi all, I'll start by saying I've been trawling for many hours trying to research this question and have been left totally...

bennytwohats
replies: 2 views: 192
Bill Way 6 days ago

Hi guys, I moved to another house. My new homestudio is on the attic (3,5 x 4,5 meters and maximum 2.3 meters high) with a...

Janvw
replies: 2 views: 159
Janvw 6 days ago

Hi guys, Anyone have any experience re-filling a Sony RE-4 Endless Tape cartridge, like the one in my Hohner EhcoPlus? Mine is...

Gayle
replies: 5 views: 203
Lotuz2019 6 days ago

Hi, What is exactly the difference between headphone 80 Ohm or 250 Ohm. Thank You.

kite
replies: 1 views: 108
ambiguous signal 6 days ago

Moderators