Quantcast
Problems syncing TB303 with MPC 2500 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Problems syncing TB303 with MPC 2500
Old 13th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Problems syncing TB303 with MPC 2500

Hi everyone, i recently got an MPC2500 and have been unable to get it to successfully sync with my TB303. I have the MPC's out connected to the IN of a Kenton pro 2000 Mk2 and the 'Sync 24' of the Kenton connected to the 'Sync in' of the 303. Once i press play the 303 starts but it either slightly prolong's the first note (almost like a slide) and then resumes playing a 16th behind the beat or starts perfectly a 16th behind the beat. I contacted Kenton and he assures me its a problem with the way my sequencer is outputting midi data. As the Kenton box just transfers the sequencers information. Has anyone else had a similar issue or could point me in the right direction for fixing the issue? I should note that the 303 runs fine when the din sync cable is unplugged, and its sequencer runs on its own. Also after a while it drifts in time but it isnt tight by any stretch of the imagination. This is so frustrating. Iv got a box full of funky squelch and cant use it. Any help would be great. Cheers
Old 14th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Right, i can see i didn't leave much in the way of information as to where im up to and what iv tried so far, and believe me Iv tried everything i can think of. Iv Got my MPC set to sync out 'All' and 'MMC on' which i believe is the 'Midi machine control' responsible for the starting and stopping of devices by remote. So theres got to be a way of outputting the song position correctly. I cant find anything in the MPC manual on how it outputs these sets of information, except the basic procedure for setting up the device as master or slave etc. I haven't got any other devices that use the roland sync 24 standard so i don't know how to test if its the MPC or the 303 (assuming that John Price from Kenton is right, and its not the Kenton box) From what i understand some machines strip time and position information away when sending midi data, but again iv gotten stuck with my searches on the web. Iv seen from posts involving 303's and MPC's that there are people out there running them in harmony, but I'm really not sure where i should be focusing my energy. Am i looking at getting something like the quicksilver upgrade for the 303 or am i missing something glaringly obvious in the MPC settings. Again any help is welcome. Im a 16th step away from the funkiest bass imaginable but at the moment my 303 just sounds like an uninvited dinner guest. Cheers Clapf.
📝 Reply