Quantcast
How to change 1/4" TRS patchbay configurations? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How to change 1/4" TRS patchbay configurations?
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
How to change 1/4" TRS patchbay configurations?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone here could help me out with this.

I recently purchased a Nady PB48 1/4" TRS patchbay. It said that it has 5 configurations of use but I cannot figure out how to switch between them.

I want it so that the front top jack connects straight through with the rear top jack , and the same for the bottom (I believe this is "through" or "de-normalled" operation?) but I can't figure out how to switch between normalled, half-normalled, and de-normalled operation. There are no switches on the unit so I am very confused. Would it be de-normalled by default?

Also, one jack on each section (channel?) is gray, not black. Is there a reason for this?
Old 11th March 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Never ever worked on or used a Nady PB48, but believe configuration changes are done as on the similar Furman and Carvin PB48s. That is by removing the boards and re-installing them in an inverted position (gray jacks on the top instead of the bottom) or in a front to rear reversed position. Some patch panels also have PC board traces that must be cut, or jumpered to change the configuration.

I'd call Nady (510.652.2411 press 4) and ask for a configuration sheet. No reason to guess.
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…