Sound Quality MIDI sequencer track vs AUDIO track - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sound Quality MIDI sequencer track vs AUDIO track
Old 10th March 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Sound Quality MIDI sequencer track vs AUDIO track

Hi Guys.
I make my beats using Pro Tools, I load audio files into the sequencer (kontakt, battery) sometimes I add some eq or compressor plugins on that track.
Got a feeling that using sequencer I'm losing a bit of quality of the sound, Can it be? Can be a small latency issue? Can pure Audio file sound better?
Old 10th March 2014

🎧 10 years
If battery or kontakt is doing timestretching by default, maybe you are. I think it's unlikely though - more likely it's a levels mismatch so you think the louder one is better.

It's not the "sequencer" causing degradation though - had to read your post a few times to understand it!

Just do it both ways, being careful to match levels, and compare.

At any rate - the workflow will have more of an impact than any slight sound change on the finished product.
Old 10th March 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
thanks for reply.
Its not about volume. it's more about clarity of sound. But you may be right with TIME STRETCH. It can distorts the sound. I will mess with that.
thanks
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogzone ➡️
thanks for reply.
Its not about volume. it's more about clarity of sound. But you may be right with TIME STRETCH. It can distorts the sound. I will mess with that.
thanks
The point is - LOUDER almost always sounds BETTER when you're comparing 2 sounds. If I play you the same sound, and one is very slightly louder, it'll sound "better", "clearer" or whatever to you. Unless your 2 sounds are very carefully level matched - you'll be struggling to make a meaningful comparison on "quality".

Time stretch doesn't default to "on" with Battery. If you've turned it on..turning it off would be the first step.
📝 Reply