frequency ear traing - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
frequency ear traing
Old 10th March 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
frequency ear traing

Hi just thinking can this help you in learning eq more
Train the ears to listen for frequency changes such as a tone, or what eq was placed on the music
Can this help a new personmaybe
Thankyou
Old 10th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidhitz ➑️
Hi just thinking can this help you in learning eq more
Train the ears to listen for frequency changes such as a tone, or what eq was placed on the music
Can this help a new personmaybe
Thankyou
im a noob too so take this with a grain of salt. But to my understanding It would be hugely beneficial if you could recognize frequencies by ear, because if you know what the frequency is, you would be able to tell what the note is by ear, assuming you have a pitch chart memorized...or have I been talking about pitch this whole time and not frequency?? Whatever haha. sorry.
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hey,
hell yea itll help, itll help you with mixing making quicker decisions unless you mix with a freq analyzer, it will help you ring out a room faster, if you make beats itll help you choose better sounds. pitch is frequency so it will help you identify in that regard as well. It will also help you identify a better mic placement position as you can identify what freqs are resonating/dipping at or the most to avoid or use to your advantage. i hope that helps.
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hey,
hell yea itll help, itll help you with mixing making quicker decisions unless you mix with a freq analyzer, it will help you ring out a room faster, if you make beats itll help you choose better sounds. pitch is frequency so it will help you identify in that regard as well. It will also help you identify a better mic placement position as you can identify what freqs are resonating/dipping at or the most to avoid or use to your advantage. i hope *that helps

Last edited by skillz335; 10th March 2014 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: *that helps
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz335 ➑️
Hey,
hell yea itll help, itll help you with mixing making quicker decisions unless you mix with a freq analyzer, it will help you ring out a room faster, if you make beats itll help you choose better sounds. pitch is frequency so it will help you identify in that regard as well. It will also help you identify a better mic placement position as you can identify what freqs are resonating/dipping at or the most to avoid or use to your advantage. i hope
im interested now too, how would you go about training this?
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
there are a ton of ways. a couple are you could find a audio cd that does this. or you can set up a playlist of specific frequency's like 1k, 2k, 3k and play for a duration after a duration of playing you could record yourself saying that is 1k, or that is 2k. Once you have a good amount of material you can put them in a playlist and choose a random play pattern. As you advance try and trick yourself.
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
thats a really nice, cheap Little Programm:

Train Your Ears | Ear Training for Sound Engineers
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderboy ➑️
thats a really nice, cheap Little Programm:

Train Your Ears | Ear Training for Sound Engineers
Hey thanks man, that programs much deeper then the stuff Im doing.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne7 ➑️
im interested now too, how would you go about training this?
Quiz tones is great except they will not give me money back cause I told them the app is broken! When the guy asked me why I said mate seriously I press buttons to hear and I can't hear anything
He said hmm could be the 20 kHz region you not hearing buddy!!!!
Old 10th March 2014
Deleted 2d43ac6
Theres a small program called "Feedback Trainer" by Chris Allen which is free online. The name is a bit of a misnomer if you ask me though. It`s actually just a sine wave played at different frequencies and doesn`t resemble feedback at all. Anyway, its basically a guess the frequency training device.
Old 10th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
If you get tracks that you think are just the nuts production wise and slowly sweep a high and low cut across the whole band (not at the same time although you can do band sweep if you want) you can hear how much of each frequency they have in that track as its cuts below or above it.
Its pretty different for each genre and sometimes even for tracks by the same producers, as you find they have things sitting differently depending on vocals & leads etc but it really helps to get an understanding of how much of what is where in the mix.
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I found this to be useful

Mr. Soundman - Free frequency ear training software for sound engineers

free version has limitednumber of different sound loops to play with but once you get good it will offer you discounts on premium version of up to %40 for goldear award.
Old 10th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Harman also had released a nice software for free, that allowed you to train your ear in equalizing. Basically it has a toggle button, where you could switch between the original and the EQ'd track - and you had to select the frequency band that was being EQ'd... I don't remember it's name, but it was very nice
Old 10th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Here's an URL for the Harman How To Listen program mentioned by XENGS.

Harman How to Listen: Welcome to How to Listen!
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…