Quantcast
Is adding a variable wattage or power cut a good idea ? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is adding a variable wattage or power cut a good idea ?
Old 8th March 2014
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Is adding a variable wattage or power cut a good idea ?

Not sure where to post this sorry if it is wrong . I play lead guitar at my church and would like to be able to crank my fender deluxe reverb 65 reissue. But it is just to loud . So here is my question. Is there a mod to add a power cut to the amp to drop the wattage when I want to ? Thanks for any information you might have .
Gene
Old 8th March 2014
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4christ โžก๏ธ
Not sure where to post this sorry if it is wrong . I play lead guitar at my church and would like to be able to crank my fender deluxe reverb 65 reissue. But it is just to loud . So here is my question. Is there a mod to add a power cut to the amp to drop the wattage when I want to ? Thanks for any information you might have .
Gene
I would direct that question to GroupDIY - We break stuff...and occasionally make stuff. instead..
Old 8th March 2014
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Is adding a variable wattage or power cut a good idea ?guitar amp attenuator | eBay

A wide assortment to choose from.
L.
Old 8th March 2014
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 5 years
FWIW: I have a friend who's been playing professionally since the 1950s. He plays a Fender Super and has been playing small clubs. He recently retired his Super and bought a Fender Blues Junior III because he was having the same issue that you're having with your Deluxe... It was just too loud when it was turned up enough to get the good sounds out of it. The Blues Junior takes pedals well, so if you need the modulation effects you can get them with a pedal. I just use a delay pedal and a tube screamer with my Blues Junior and can get a lot of great sounds from it. BillM has several mods that can be done to the Blues Junior if you want to make any tone changes, add a stand-by switch, etc, but after the speaker gets broken in the amp has a very classic Fender sound to it and you likely won't want to do anything to it. IMO you can use an attenuator with your amp, but for just a bit more money you could have a second amp which would be good if you ever have a power tube fail during a gig. I'd go to some music stores and check out the Blues Junior III (Keep in mind that it'll sound better after the speaker breaks in)

I'm not a great guitar player, but this is my Strat's neck pickup through a Blues Junior: >>>click<<<

There's lots of Youtube videos that will give you a better ideo of the variety of sounds that you can get out of the Blues Junior.

IMO they have a very classic Fender sound and would probably be perfect for what you're trying to do..
Old 9th March 2014
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Thanks guys for your responses ! I will post in the right place . Checking this out for now [Dr. Z. Brake Lite ] again thanks .
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…