Quantcast
How to mix a song - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How to mix a song
Old 2nd March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
How to mix a song

Okay so my freind wants me to Mix and Master his mix tape its like 10 songs. The problem is that he recorded the mix tape in a different studio and program. He used Garage band and I use Magix music Studio. How do I mix it.
Old 2nd March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
If you can get his tracks each as a separate WAV file, you can import those easily to your DAW. For mastering, bounce all of the tracks to one stereo track and then proceed from there.
Old 2nd March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthollenberg ➡️
If you can get his tracks each as a separate WAV file, you can import those easily to your DAW. For mastering, bounce all of the tracks to one stereo track and then proceed from there.
Yup.
Old 2nd March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Agree with matthollenberg. It doesnt matter what DAW you use. If you want to mix your music, just do multitrack export, by that way you will have .WAV files for every single mixer channel. After mixing with your .WAV files, just bounce them to one stereo track, so you can master your music.

But if you are using LE versions of DAW's you can have some problems because they have limitations for max. audio tracks.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…