Quantcast
Flume Synths - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Flume Synths
Old 30th October 2013
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Flume Synths

Rightio, so I've been listening to this track and I still can't figure out what sort of synths this guy is using for the

To me the intro sounds like a Softsynth, wavetable Sine/Triangle with an inverted envelope modulating the pitch from 50cents or so?

I'm guessing the Synth during the chorus, saws layered? with slow-ish attack?

Please Enlighten me

Flume - Holdin On - YouTube
Old 15th January 2014
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
i got the same question too... i tried to recreate it but nothing so plz if you find the answer plz enlighten us
Old 15th January 2014
Gear Addict

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
I think he uses Ableton. I used a trial once, one of that synth had pretty much Flume sound. Also i think they're square waves, not saw. Experiment with pulse width of square waves. Get Syntorial to learn programming and recognizing synth sounds. Even the trial version is worth it.
Old 6th May 2014
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
various types of this synth can be made quite easily, it's more or less just detuned a half step or close to. Alot of this sound though comes from the chords themselves, if you're trying to create the synth using chords that you have and constantly trying new presets it may not work well. I recommend using sylenth for Flume's type of synths because there are alot of similar synths. I have a similar sound in the start of a song i made here except it's not detuned...

https://soundcloud.com/thrillofficial/space-ace

feel free to ask me about how i made anything also!
Old 3rd September 2014
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
the dude also said in one interview that he is able to use sylenth1 in a very nice way, creating every kind of sound he wants

so also those "super saw"-ish sounds he often uses make me also think about that synth too.
๐Ÿ“ Reply