Quantcast
RME UCX trouble with Stereo Recording - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RME UCX trouble with Stereo Recording
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
RME UCX trouble with Stereo Recording

Hey guys for some reason I can't figure out how to record using 2 mics at the same time with my RME UCX into Logic Pro. 1 mic mono works fine but when do NEW STEREO TRACK, Select the appropriate inputs 1-2 only 1 mic seems to work. In my total mix only the 1st input mic gets any volume. Also I've been getting lots of ugly static noise sometimes while recording...appreciate all the help!
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

Check the obvious stuff first:

Have you tried running each mic channel into its own mono track in Logic?

Have you confirmed that the mic and cable on channel-2 are functioning by switching the mics at the input connectors?

Do you get a green "sig" light and a red "clip" light on the front panel of the UCX (if you turn the gain up and yell into the mic) on Ch-2?

If you're using phantom powered mics have you confirmed that phantom power is on at both mic inputs? (the UCX has independent phantom switching for each mic input).

Re: "static noise": Some stuff to check or think about: Noise on one channel or both channels at the same time? Independent noise on both stereo output channels or is the noise the same in both?

Are you using a separate disk drive for your audio files than the drive running your OS and Logic? Tried different record buffer settings? Is your computer connection via the RME's USB or Firewire ports? Do you have other peripherials on the USB and Firewire ports? Do you have the latest drivers installed? Do you have other software running that may be stealing CPU cycles when recording audio (background tasks)? If using a Mac is TimeMachine disabled?

Those are just a few of the items to think about.
📝 Reply