how to mix vocals like wiz khalifa - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
how to mix vocals like wiz khalifa
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
how to mix vocals like wiz khalifa

hey you guys im new to this site in need of help..i been hearing alot of good
music these days and im tryna get my vocals to sound just as good but for some reason i cant get um to sound spacious...like this song

YG - Playin ft. Young Jeezy & Wiz Khalifa (Just Re'd Up 2) - YouTube

wiz khalifa verse 1:40 tryna achieve this sound it just sits nice n the track
like inside the beat please help......thank you guys
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
It has been recorded, EQ'd and compressed well!

There are also some nice short delays in use along with some reverb. That adds to the sense of space you're looking for.

Try and create sends from your original vocal to a stereo buss with short delays and then another to a reverb aux input. You can also have one buss with both delay and then reverb which creates another effect. Experiment with it and you can adjust the level and settings to taste and suited to the track in question.

Check this video out to give you a bit more information: Into The Lair #6 - Vocal Mixing Techniques - YouTube
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00stiffy ➡️
It has been recorded, EQ'd and compressed well!

There are also some nice short delays in use along with some reverb. That adds to the sense of space you're looking for.

Try and create sends from your original vocal to a stereo buss with short delays and then another to a reverb aux input. You can also have one buss with both delay and then reverb which creates another effect. Experiment with it and you can adjust the level and settings to taste and suited to the track in question.

Check this video out to give you a bit more information: Into The Lair #6 - Vocal Mixing Techniques - YouTube
thanks for responding so quick

as far as compression whats the best settin to match that track?..and your tellin me just reverb and delay can get me that sound. do i have to have expensive gear to achieve that sound?
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Compression settings are all about using your ears and the right compressor/plugin for the song.

That sound can be achieved a number of different ways. You'll have to experiment yourself to see what works best.

Check out the video link I sent you and implement some of the ideas.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…