What do I need to get internship - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What do I need to get internship
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
What do I need to get internship

Hi, I am very lost right now.
What do I have to do to get an internship at any music studio or post production studio without having any education? (I studied something else)
Please help
Thanks.
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Go ask them if you can intern there? Most audio engineers have no formal education in music or sound engineering, and given the somewhat hostile attitude people have towards audio school grads you might have a bit of an edge over other prospective interns.

Other than that, you just have to make sure you act professional and don't make an ass of yourself.
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
good attitude, pro active.

You might be interested in (some of) this thread:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-mu...ow-2013-a.html

matt
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
thanks for the link : )
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osbar ➑️
Hi, I am very lost right now.
What do I have to do to get an internship at any music studio or post production studio without having any education? (I studied something else)
Please help
Thanks.
Not to be negative, but we live in a time when too many studios are closing down and as this is your Plan A, I ask you to consider, what is your Plan B, C or D if you cannot get an internship? You need to be honest and think about this.

What is it exactly that you wish to be or do you not yet know? I agree with the other guys that having a previous education in music, won't probably count for much and to be frank, just to get in the door, you will probably be making the tea for some time until you get to go near anything, but that is how many many other engineers and producers started out.

Again, back to the Plan B, C, D etc. You need to consider how else you can learn what it is you wish to learn, if you cannot get an internship. There are other ways, but I think you need to consider taking as many approaches as possible to learn what it is you wish to learn.

The very best of luck
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
a portal to the eighties, perhaps.
Old 23rd January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxavier ➑️
Not to be negative, but we live in a time when too many studios are closing down and as this is your Plan A, I ask you to consider, what is your Plan B, C or D if you cannot get an internship? You need to be honest and think about this.

What is it exactly that you wish to be or do you not yet know? I agree with the other guys that having a previous education in music, won't probably count for much and to be frank, just to get in the door, you will probably be making the tea for some time until you get to go near anything, but that is how many many other engineers and producers started out.

Again, back to the Plan B, C, D etc. You need to consider how else you can learn what it is you wish to learn, if you cannot get an internship. There are other ways, but I think you need to consider taking as many approaches as possible to learn what it is you wish to learn.

The very best of luck
Yes, I know there are lots of studios closing since everyone is able to make a studio at they're homes.
Having a plan B it's something I have not thought about. So thanks for opening my eyes.
Maybe Plan B could be getting more books, more video courses and try to make something on my own. (don't know, just a quick response)
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…