I'm looking for a DJ-controller to buy. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I'm looking for a DJ-controller to buy.
Old 21st September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'm looking for a DJ-controller to buy.

Hello guys!

I recently turned 16 and got cash from my close family to buy a DJ-controller. I've now been looking on several controllers but I can't figure out which one to buy. I now need your help to help me figure out which controller to buy. I've been looking at Numark Mixtrack Pro, Pioneer DDJ-WeGo and Numark N4. My budget is around what these controllers cost. Also keep in mind that I've never been DJ-ing on a DJ deck before but I've been playing around with Virtual-DJ and such. So I know abit what I'm doing.

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Magnus Burton
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
they are all about the same from functionality....i would just decide regarding the built quality!

cheers
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I would say it depends if you want 2 or 4 channels. I went with 4 and got the Denon DN MC-6000 controller that I use with Traktor. I also sometimes rack it with my Denon DN-D4500 CD players. I was comparing it to the Native Instruments S4. While the S4 is nice....the Denon is built like a tank. Metal enclosure/body vs. plastic with most of the other ones. Yes, it adds a bit of weight, but it is definitely NOT going to break easily.

It has been great in every situation I've used it in so far. A little more money than what you linked, but extremely flexible and reliable controller.
Old 29th November 2012
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
On a budget here is a good list for Traktor: NI Kontrol s2 $500 (s4 if you have $899), NI Kontrol F1 $249, NI Kontrol X1 $199.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…