NI Maschine/Audio Interface - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NI Maschine/Audio Interface
Old 20th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
NI Maschine/Audio Interface

Hi!
Im pretty new to the Maschine stuff. But Ive been making beats for a while with fruity, so I wanna buy some hardware, cos Im just using vst's.#
Im about to buy a Maschine and I also wanted to sample with a turntable, so my question is, what do I need to sample from the turntable and get it on my PC or Maschine? I know I should get an audio midi interface, but which one? And if I go for a turntable, what should I be looking for? And will I need more hardware for sampling?
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuAh ➡️
Hi!
Im pretty new to the Maschine stuff. But Ive been making beats for a while with fruity, so I wanna buy some hardware, cos Im just using vst's.#
Im about to buy a Maschine and I also wanted to sample with a turntable, so my question is, what do I need to sample from the turntable and get it on my PC or Maschine? I know I should get an audio midi interface, but which one? And if I go for a turntable, what should I be looking for? And will I need more hardware for sampling?
First off, does your built-in audio interface on your computer already have an audio input? If so, you might not need anything else (assuming it can take phono input, otherwise you also need a dj mixer). If not, you should get a usb audio interface, like this:KOMPLETE AUDIO 6
Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'd still pick up an audio interface for Maschine. Once you start rolling with it... having an interface can really open up the way you create and, since you're talking about Maschine, sample. With samplers it's best to not limit yourself as to how you record your material in the first place... which can be the difference of a "boring drum sound" and a "phat drum sound"... pre-processing.
Old 20th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
OK thanks for your respondse!
So to get this right, if I hook up my Maschine with an audio interface like Komplete Audio 6, how can I connect the turntable? Or which turnable turns out to be good for sampling? Are there any qualities I need to look for?
And can I also connect speakers with this interface? Sry, I hardly know anything about hardware..
Old 21st September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuAh ➡️
OK thanks for your respondse!
So to get this right, if I hook up my Maschine with an audio interface like Komplete Audio 6, how can I connect the turntable? Or which turnable turns out to be good for sampling? Are there any qualities I need to look for?
And can I also connect speakers with this interface? Sry, I hardly know anything about hardware..
What turntable you get really depends on your budget to be honest. Something like the Numark TT Usb will get the job done on a budget. It's got phono outputs as well as usb. If you've got more money to play with, maybe look for something by Technics.

You might find some audio interfaces that have phono inputs. Most don't. You can buy Phono to 1/4" Jack converters and go into the line inputs. That's what I do. I think the TT usb gives you the option of putting the sound out at line level, which is a good feature. Depending on the turntable you go with, you might need to get an amp to boost the phono signal to line level.

Audio interfaces will allow you to connect speakers. Most will have outputs (some have dedicated monitor outputs on top of the other outputs used for routing to outboard gear) that you can plug monitors into as well as a headphone jack, so if you've got reference headphones you can use those as well.

An alternative to to the Komplete 6 is the Focusrite Saffire 6. They are around the same price and both have audio and midi. If you've got a bit more money for an interface, and you don't mind sacrificing midi in and out (you can pick up separate midi interfaces dirt cheap, in any case the Maschine controller has midi in and out on the back anyway) and having less audio inputs, but having superior audio quality I'd recommend the RME Babyface.
📝 Reply