spending money on plugins - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
spending money on plugins
Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonator ➡️
+1 for the Fabfilter plug-ins.Also check out PSP.

I can send you a 10% Fabfilter friend discount code if you like.
pm me for details
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsowa ➡️
The only plug-in I would recommend spending money on is reverb. Stock DAW reverbs don't cut it. Valhalla Room is amazing and it's only $50. As for compressors/channel strips/tape sims, you can generally recreate what's going on by employing EQ and saturation/distortion with your stock DAW compression.
The PSP and Valhalla Plugs are ones I really am happy I paid for.

I've bought a lot but....r....many times a few months or a year later a free one comes out that is just as nice. Not so with these.
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I really like the PSP Vintage Warmer,I'll have to chech out the Valhalla Plugs.
Old 21st September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofreek ➡️
I really like the PSP Vintage Warmer,I'll have to chech out the Valhalla Plugs.
DL'd the demo just now. It's giving me a bit more body on my kick drum than just my standard bitcrusher. I think I like it.
Old 21st September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Do you think pro tools will do upgrade path from RTAS to AAX for their expansion pack?
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF ➡️
I did quite some mixes using just the stock Pro Tools plugins, so I'd say that you don't NEED 3rd party plugins to do a decent mix.
You should start to use them until you feel like you've reached their limits or you want some different flavour.
If that'll happen some day, take a look at the very reasonably priced (and high quality) ValhallaDSP ValhallaRoom (for reverb), Übermid (for great modulation ans more) and the Klanghelm DC8C for ultra-versatile compression.
Valhalla Room. +1

This is the CHEAPEST and GREATEST sounding reverb plugin in MY opinion and a TON of others on GS.

Search for it, you'll find hundreds of reports of how amazing it is. You can't go wrong.

But I used the HELL out of the stock reverb in pro tools, still do sometimes! But Valhalla Room. MMMMmmm

Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixtree Audio ➡️
I would recommend getting the Fabfilter Pro bundle + Saturn, the Soundtoys Native bundle, and Valhalla Room. You can do some serious work with just those. Fabfilter Pro-Q is a desert island EQ, capable of anything. It never sucks, and the mid/side capability is very powerful. It is my go-to track, buss, and mastering EQ.
Same here. Most ridiculously featured EQ. Its not a "colored" EQ, so it doesn't color the tracks in any way. Just gives you GOOD clean EQ. But some of the features are just nice.

24 bands
each band can be ANY type of band
listen feature on every band
M/S processing
can be made into a linear phase EQ for mastering
Built in frequency analyzer, one of the better ones...can be used pre or post EQ, or even have both displayed.
Plus tons of others

No I dont work for Fabfilter, I just really love this plugin. It can do everything from extremely surgical cuts to big huge wide boosts.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 ➡️
Same here. Most ridiculously featured EQ. Its not a "colored" EQ, so it doesn't color the tracks in any way. Just gives you GOOD clean EQ. But some of the features are just nice.

24 bands
each band can be ANY type of band
listen feature on every band
M/S processing
can be made into a linear phase EQ for mastering
Built in frequency analyzer, one of the better ones...can be used pre or post EQ, or even have both displayed.
Plus tons of others

No I dont work for Fabfilter, I just really love this plugin. It can do everything from extremely surgical cuts to big huge wide boosts.
that EQ sounds very lovely
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aristocrat ➡️
that EQ sounds very lovely
It really is. Its pretty much the best digital EQ out there, some might vote for DMGs Equick, which looks highly similar to Pro Q, but came out after.
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixtree Audio ➡️
The only other reverb that is irreplaceable for me is UAD Plate 140. It is stunning. UAD is an expensive investment initially but the plugins are totally worth it.
Couldn't agree more.
📝 Reply