Quantcast
Apogee duet 2 v/s MOTU TRACK 16 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apogee duet 2 v/s MOTU TRACK 16
Old 16th September 2012
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
lordshakti's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Apogee duet 2 v/s MOTU TRACK 16

Which one is best to b hooked to an apple oriented setup of a keyboardist..my research says motu is more vErsatile n hs god plethorra of features..why is duet 2 so hyped..what is so special in it tht others like motu doesnt have..

Plus an additiona question if your answer is duet 2,do i need high end apogee quartet or duet 2 will do for me..
Old 16th September 2012
  #2
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
How many simultaneous inputs do you need? What about the MOTU 16 is better to you?
Old 16th September 2012
  #3
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
I own a Motu Ultralite mk2 and a Duet 1 .
The Duet is cleaner while the Motu sounds a little bit darker, muffled.
This has to do with converters and preamps.
The Duet2 has even better converters don't know for preamps.

This is true for my interfaces but for newer Motu stuff i don't know.
Old 18th September 2012
  #4
100698
Guest
Details here in review midway down on page 5.
MOTUNATION • View topic - New Product: MOTU Track 16

Files are here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20203707/Aud...016/Bounce.zip

Also check this out:
http://en.audiofanzine.com/external-...e-sixteen.html



Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshakti ➑️
Which one is best to b hooked to an apple oriented setup of a keyboardist..my research says motu is more vErsatile n hs god plethorra of features..why is duet 2 so hyped..what is so special in it tht others like motu doesnt have..

Plus an additiona question if your answer is duet 2,do i need high end apogee quartet or duet 2 will do for me..
Old 18th September 2012
  #5
Gear Maniac
 
lordshakti's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjji ➑️
How many simultaneous inputs do you need? What about the MOTU 16 is better to you?
Not many..3-4 on a stretch..
Is there nuthn special othr thn lots of i/o in motu track 16?
I hv heard tht other xpensive ones provide these kinda features..thts why ws a bit interested..
Old 18th September 2012
  #6
Gear Maniac
 
lordshakti's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome ➑️
I own a Motu Ultralite mk2 and a Duet 1 .
The Duet is cleaner while the Motu sounds a little bit darker, muffled.
This has to do with converters and preamps.
The Duet2 has even better converters don't know for preamps.

This is true for my interfaces but for newer Motu stuff i don't know.
Ammm..doubtful..until u tel abt specific model
Old 18th September 2012
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
lordshakti's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSeye ➑️
Details here in review
woahhh..thats quite a lot..veryyyy helpful indeed..even files r there.,thnks dude..

Now i dntnkno much about duet 2 also..how abt comparing both..
Old 21st September 2012
  #8
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
This is how I look at it.

Both products are around the same price but they are quite different, Duet has 2 ins/4 outs, Motu has more I/O and features. If you really care about the quality of the sound and you only need the I/O Duet has, I tell you go with the Duet. Hasn't let me down!
Old 21st September 2012
  #9
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
rme babyface?
Old 21st September 2012
  #10
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Babyface all the way!
Old 22nd September 2012
  #11
Gear Maniac
 
lordshakti's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljz ➑️
This is how I look at it.

Both products are around the same price but they are quite different, Duet has 2 ins/4 outs, Motu has more I/O and features. If you really care about the quality of the sound and you only need the I/O Duet has, I tell you go with the Duet. Hasn't let me down!
Hmm..i kkno its gonna b superior in sound as so many industry based musicians r using apogee2..
As u mentioned..there wil b difference in sound quality..wht were u refferng at..preamps converters?
N how big wil b the difference..
As i can bear a small difference..but being day n night kinda opposite sound quality can not be tolerated..
Old 22nd September 2012
  #12
Gear Maniac
 
lordshakti's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzu ➑️
rme babyface?
Dint gt ya..rme babyface means?
Old 22nd September 2012
  #13
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
It is another interface that is like the Apogee, but with an ADAT port for more inputs.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #14
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshakti ➑️
Dint gt ya..rme babyface means?
its an interface with the same sort of setup but the converters are cleaner and dont add anything like the apogee does. and options to add an external outboard for extra mic pres.
Old 25th September 2012
  #15
Gear Maniac
 
lordshakti's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzu ➑️
its an interface with the same sort of setup but the converters are cleaner and dont add anything like the apogee does. and options to add an external outboard for extra mic pres.
Hmmm..it ws nt in my mind at all..thnks fr giving me one more option to consider..

Well,r u sure tht i shud choose rme over apogee2..wil it work that wel with mac setup?
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
  #16
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshakti ➑️
Hmmm..it ws nt in my mind at all..thnks fr giving me one more option to consider..

Well,r u sure tht i shud choose rme over apogee2..wil it work that wel with mac setup?
RME Babyface Vrs Apogee Duet II - The Pro's & Cons of both and how they SOUND! Part 3 - YouTube watch this
Old 26th September 2012
  #17
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
The Babyface works great with Mac.
Old 27th September 2012
  #18
Gear Maniac
 
lordshakti's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
This video xplained quiet a lot..thnks.gud1
Old 27th September 2012
  #19
Gear Maniac
 
lordshakti's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
@bunjji @ laotzu

What do you guys think about motu track 16..its catching my fancy..i dunno why..
But..
Give me your views
Old 27th September 2012 | Show parent
  #20
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshakti ➑️
@bunjji @ laotzu

What do you guys think about motu track 16..its catching my fancy..i dunno why..
But..
Give me your views
i dont know much about that product sorry
Old 27th September 2012
  #21
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
It is a decent interface, but the converters and pres are not super high end. It has a medium amount of inputs for the money. You could get something like a Focusrite Pro 40 for less money that has more i/o and better preamps. I don't see the point of the MOTU 16, it looks like an overpriced interface with mediocre sound quality and a lack of features.
Old 27th September 2012 | Show parent
  #22
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshakti ➑️
Hmm..i kkno its gonna b superior in sound as so many industry based musicians r using apogee2..
As u mentioned..there wil b difference in sound quality..wht were u refferng at..preamps converters?
N how big wil b the difference..
As i can bear a small difference..but being day n night kinda opposite sound quality can not be tolerated..
Both preamps and converters (D-A and A-D) actually, they sound great. Compared to the Motu the low end is more controlled and the highs don't seem to be as shrill. I have recorded vocals and acoustic guitar at home with just a Rodes NT1-A and my Duet and couldn't be happier!
Old 28th September 2012
  #23
Gear Maniac
 
lordshakti's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
It seems motu track 16 lacks sound quality,apogee duet 2 is better,thats all i can conclude out of this whole discussion.

Ay final comments for apogee quartet??
Its the latest launch,and i guess would have better sonics and more i/os..
Old 29th September 2012
  #24
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I think the quartet just has more I/o and almost identical sound quality.

Another thing you should conclude is that the RME Babyface is a great option as well. The Babyface has cleaner conversion, as opposed to the duet, and more I/o as well. Sadly, it is priced slightly higher.
Old 13th October 2012
  #25
Gear Maniac
 
lordshakti's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
I checked locally as i guessed,there is no availability of babyface in my region

R u sure quartet is no good voice quality wise
Old 13th October 2012
  #26
Lives for gear
 
scruffydog's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
My duet 2 is very nice...I would put it at the top end of a list were i looking.
it is limited in ways ..but sounds great ...
Old 13th October 2012
  #27
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
The Quartet is in the same line and probably has the exact same converter quality.
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1799 views: 440654
Avatar for schmudd
schmudd 18th December 2016
replies: 2380 views: 409866
Avatar for didier.brest
didier.brest 3 weeks ago
replies: 61 views: 11698
Avatar for Transistor
Transistor 21st February 2015
replies: 121 views: 28575
Avatar for Sigfried Chicken
Sigfried Chicken 6th November 2017
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump