Recording voice with FL studio or Pro Tools or Cubase - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recording voice with FL studio or Pro Tools or Cubase
Old 13th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Recording voice with FL studio or Pro Tools or Cubase

Dear All,

I have been making beat and music with FL studio for some time and I have decided to record voice to the tracks I make.
I am actually in the process of making a home studio.

The way I planned to do this is to use either Pro Tools or Cubase. So necessarily I would export the instrument tracks of the music tracks I make on FL studio to wave files and then on cubase or on pro Tools I would do the recording of my voice and then mastering.

I have also found that FL studio support voice recording but I am not sure if that is of high quality and that it has good effects and user friendly to do that.
Which work flow would you guys suggest to do professionally sound voice recording to my tracks.

FL studio is very user friendly for music production so I am going to stick to it for that. For voice recording and mastering what would you guys recommend.
I am a newbie so I would like to have something more user friendly and at the same time it should have all the effects and tools the modern music creations has.

I am going to use a condenser mic with Focusrite USB sound interface to do the recording.

Can you guys kindly advise me on the matter?

Your advise is really appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

Don
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Your workflow should be comfortable and uncomplicated.

I personally use Pro Tools for most things, but occasionally use Ableton Live.

The DAW you choose will compliment the quality of the recording, gear, room and techniques used to capture the sound.

So whether it's FL Studio, Pro Tools or Cubase, test out different ideas and processes and see what works best for you.

Speaking from personal experience, an optimal workflow is hard to find without some trial and error.

Hope this helps!
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
The previous poster is right on - both Pro Tools and Cubase will do the job a bit more gracefully than FL Studio. I'd just like to add Studio One 2 to the list since you mentioned mastering; S12 has some pretty extensive mastering abilities built in. Check some demo's, see which workflow suits you, and make some music - good luck!
📝 Reply